Which is the best Wifi 6 Router to buy

Posted 28th Jan
Come on experts, which is the best 2020 Wifi-6 equipped router to buy?
Need one which can handle 25+ connected devices, streaming, gaming etc without it hanging up.

I've done some looking into and quite like the TP-Link Archer AX6000, what you think?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
"Need one which can handle 25+ connected devices"
How many kids do u have again?
I've got the Archer AX6000 and I'm fairly impressed. Went from <10mb/s file transfers to 30-50mb/s transfers from my bedroom to the router in the living room. Loads of ethernet ports so you can plug in high bandwidth consoles and set top boxes and free up wireless bandwidth. You can also do a separate 2.4ghz Wifi6 network that'll penetrate walls better, giving you speeds comparable to 5ghz AC but with much better signal strength.

Only issues I have with it is that it's huge and the "turn LEDS off" setting tends to reset itself.

It uses a first generation wifi6 chipset so it carries the risks that go with that (although the majority of Wifi6 routers are still using 1st gen tech) and Wifi 6 dongles are expensive and hard to find.
jazid29/01/2020 00:56

"Need one which can handle 25+ connected devices"How many kids do u have …"Need one which can handle 25+ connected devices"How many kids do u have again?

What's it got to do with kids? We are in 2020 not 1990 Jazid, people have more than just a Phone which connects to wifi.

For instance, i'll be needing another connection for my Robot Vaccum which uses wifi
You never tried a wifi device which can stimulate a side-chick when not there in person.....
Sharpharp29/01/2020 21:12

You never tried a wifi device which can stimulate a side-chick when not …You never tried a wifi device which can stimulate a side-chick when not there in person.....

I can see why maximum penetration is important to you.
Glad you're not my neighbour ( in the nicest possible way) as I have enough trouble with Ant+ drop outs with just landline handsets, microwaves and thankfully low power wifi routers all conspiring against me.
Sorry I can't offer any help ( as already started the Archer was the only one I remember being recommended)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants