Which is the better brand Airsprung or Silent Night?

Posted 20th May 2019Edited by:"kutekitty"
I got an Airsprung Pocket Sprung (single size) mattress from Argos. It's not even 8 months old and it's gone all saggy and no longer usable.

They said I can’t have a refund, but I can pick a replacement.

I don’t like memory foam, so out of the Pocket Sprung Single size ones, they only haveSilent Night and Airsprung.

The Airsprung is a no turn mattress, which I understand don’t last as long.

TheSilent Night is a turnable mattress which I understand will last longer, but I’ve seen lots of negative reviews aboutSilent Night in the past. Having said that it has a Which best buy rating, so maybe it’s not as bad as it seems?

I’d love to hear some opinions especially from someone who has used both Airsprung and Silent Night.

Also is the term orthopaedic mattress just marketing or is it more durable?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I've got a silent night mattress and I was changing the bedding yesterday and I noticed there a hole in mattress, could only been done by spring.... I had no hole in sheets over the time I had it . I turn the mattress regular too. I bought the mattress from Dreams. The bed frame going strong but I will need replace mattress before bed frame
Some my children had Airsprung single mattresses, they been okay, they been the ones with a waterproof layer on one side mattress.
Mum2CerysCiaran20/05/2019 18:40

Some my children had Airsprung single mattresses, they been okay, they …Some my children had Airsprung single mattresses, they been okay, they been the ones with a waterproof layer on one side mattress.

How long have you had the Airsprung and the Slient Night for? Thanks!
kutekitty20/05/2019 19:05

How long have you had the Airsprung and the Slient Night for? Thanks!

Silent Night my own, probably about 3,years, I wasn't expecting a hole in it this soon.... Airsprung belonged to kids, my daughter still using hers and had it around 7 years, she's getting a complete new bed soon as she's had the bed frame around a a decade ( from Argos) I just replaced mattress the once but all my lot due new beds.
Double sided mattresses last slightly longer than single sided ones, but it's not a huge amount.

It sounds like you're looking at mattresses of marginal quality so I'd lean towards the single sided one as it's got more chance of having an acceptable amount and quality of padding.
Our double Silent Night didn't last long. It was 800 pocket springs only so not top of the range. It was very deep though.

A spring started to bulge out on one side after a few months.

Now we have a memory foam mattress that I paid £300 plus for and I rotate it regularly. It's holding up a lot better even if it's not as thick.

I understand you don't like the memory foam ones... Get the best your budget affords.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants