Groups

Which is the better LED TV out of these 2 ?

Im thinking of either going for the LG 42LE5900 or the SHARP LC 40LE821E 40"

anyone got any thoughts on either ? Im completely undecided. I've looked at them countless times in-store and they both look amazing.

3 Comments

Well, first thing strikes me is that the LG seems to be a darn sight cheaper. So I guess it's a case of with the Sharp, are you getting what you pay for, in terms of all that extra cash. Is it really that much better?
    I've got an LG 42" but it's not the one you're looking at. Cracking TV - does suffer very slightly with motion blur now and again, but HD is brilliant. Gives me all the functionality I needed at the time - 3 HDMI ports plus a good choice of other audio/video inputs.
    LG are supposed to be pretty good in the field of LCD TVs and the snob inside of me wouldn't automatically be drawn to having a Sharp - especially at that price.

Original Poster

Well the Sharp TV has a £150 cash back scheme. I can (with a bit of looking) pick the sharp up for around £850-£900 (after cash back). Where as with the LG , I've seen it for as little around £750

I've had an LG set before and loved it. Really easy to use and certainly comparable with higher priced makes.
    I've heard about the motion blur with LG led and also a bit of edge light bleed, just wondering if its as bad as some people make out ? will it be decent for football etc?

charvelj

Well the Sharp TV has a £150 cash back scheme. I can (with a bit of … Well the Sharp TV has a £150 cash back scheme. I can (with a bit of looking) pick the sharp up for around £850-£900 (after cash back). Where as with the LG , I've seen it for as little around £750I've had an LG set before and loved it. Really easy to use and certainly comparable with higher priced makes.I've heard about the motion blur with LG led and also a bit of edge light bleed, just wondering if its as bad as some people make out ? will it be decent for football etc?

On the footie question, watching the WC on ITV and BBC HD channels made a noticeable difference in terms of picture brightness, quality and sound. Flicking between the normal and HD broadcasts, you could see the difference. The moody slow-mo action replays were very vivid. You didn't get that pitch blur either, which you notice against the playing surface sometimes.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions