Groups

Which is the better of the following 2 tvs? please help!

Can someone please advise me which of the following 2 tvs is best please?
    I can pick them up for more or less the same price as each other.

Thanks in advance and rep will be added for those who can help

Samsung T220HD 22-inch Widescreen LCD TFT Monitor, 2ms, Rose Black, 10000:1, TV Tuner

LG M227WD 22" wide Monitor with TV Tuner

23 Comments

Have a look on the avforums. They have section for lcd tv's and monitors.

Samsung i would say

Original Poster

Thanks guys rep added

Get the LG and stay clear of the Samsung.
    I've got an LG 26" 4000 and it's the dogs.
    LG tv's are top tv's now and it's the only tv I ever by now outside of buying a Sony.
    Highly recommended

Original Poster

Johniemac;5060235

Get the LG and stay clear of the Samsung.I've got an LG 26" 4000 and it's … Get the LG and stay clear of the Samsung.I've got an LG 26" 4000 and it's the dogs.LG tv's are top tv's now and it's the only tv I ever by now outside of buying a Sony.Highly recommended

Thanks very much, rep added

Just out of interest how much are both tv's
    Below is a link to theLG website with tv. Gives all the specs etc.
    uk.lge.com/pro…tml

Johniemac;5060235

Get the LG and stay clear of the Samsung.I've got an LG 26" 4000 and it's … Get the LG and stay clear of the Samsung.I've got an LG 26" 4000 and it's the dogs.LG tv's are top tv's now and it's the only tv I ever by now outside of buying a Sony.Highly recommended

oh dear

phatboy123;5060336

oh dear

?

Original Poster

phatboy123;5060336

oh dear

can you elaborate please phatboy?

caz1cool;5060393

can you elaborate please phatboy?

I think it's the same sigh of despair that I put out when my token Italian friend describes Sony Corporation as "My Sony" and refuses any sort of reason that Sony might not be the absolute best company in the world at everything they do. Poor boy, I think he had a good telly once, and has been suckered in by the marketing ever since.

dxx;5060453

I think it's the same sigh of despair that I put out when my token … I think it's the same sigh of despair that I put out when my token Italian friend describes Sony Corporation as "My Sony" and refuses any sort of reason that Sony might not be the absolute best company in the world at everything they do. Poor boy, I think he had a good telly once, and has been suckered in by the marketing ever since.

thanks dxx :thumbsup:

to op:
    i have heard good things about the newest lg's

dxx;5060453

I think it's the same sigh of despair that I put out when my token … I think it's the same sigh of despair that I put out when my token Italian friend describes Sony Corporation as "My Sony" and refuses any sort of reason that Sony might not be the absolute best company in the world at everything they do. Poor boy, I think he had a good telly once, and has been suckered in by the marketing ever since.

Not saying that sony are the best at everything they do but there tv's are top drawer. Sony didnt get to where it is today with providing rubbish electronics. If they did then they wouldnt be a top name. If money was no option and you asked someone to pick between a sony and and a samsung I think the majority would pick the sony. I wonder why.
    Because they have a better marketing strategy? I think not.

:)well i said yesterday i have a SAMSUNG and a L.G. the L.G . is slightly better on sound and a sharper picture.....go to [url]www.trustedreviews[/url] and check em both out...cheers

phatboy123;5060500

thanks dxx :thumbsup: to op: i have heard good things about the newest … thanks dxx :thumbsup: to op: i have heard good things about the newest lg's

Again I've heard good reviews on both tv's. I'm passing my opinion having owened a samsung. I replaced it with and LG and thought the LG was much better.
    So much so that I bought the LG 4000 26" for my bedrooom with intergrated DVD player.
    I can't fault it. I couldnt fault the 37" samsung I had but for me the LG was better.
    Comes down to the specs between the tv's really. Oh and price!

Banned

Samsung sucks baws!! The only one I ever got was a piece of crap and have had LG ever since and never had a prob with the quality of pic or sound

Iv had both lg 19" and i now have a samsung 32" I loved my lg but decided to go for a bigger tv and i cannot fault the samsung, both are brilliant, I think you would be pretty happy with either

phatboy123;5060500

thanks dxx :thumbsup: to op: i have heard good things about the newest … thanks dxx :thumbsup: to op: i have heard good things about the newest lg's

Aye. I don't doubt that they are good TVs, especially since the company really needs them to be good TVs now that they've killed their Plasma range and can't afford to lose the TV market to a direct rival like Sony, but blind brand name trust just isn't something I can believe in. Just seems daft to me when each brand has so many good points and bad points.

dxx;5060796

Aye. I don't doubt that they are good TVs, especially since the company … Aye. I don't doubt that they are good TVs, especially since the company really needs them to be good TVs now that they've killed their Plasma range and can't afford to lose the TV market to a direct rival like Sony, but blind brand name trust just isn't something I can believe in. Just seems daft to me when each brand has so many good points and bad points.

yeah i think when people spend a lot of money on a tv they feel they need to vigorously defend it, even if deep down know it isn't perfect.

Sony, Microsoft, apple...... all very clever, seem to have their customers advertising for them blindly :w00t:

phatboy123;5060904

yeah i think when people spend a lot of money on a tv they feel they need … yeah i think when people spend a lot of money on a tv they feel they need to vigorously defend it, even if deep down know it isn't perfect.Sony, Microsoft, apple...... all very clever, seem to have their customers advertising for them blindly :w00t:

I'm advertising LG here...:p

Johniemac;5060930

I'm advertising LG here...:p

lol okay

Original Poster

Thanks to everyone who's helped!
    Just need someone to sell me some Amazon vouchers now and then I can go and buy one.
    Its for a 12 year olds bedroom

caz1cool;5061214

Thanks to everyone who's helped!Just need someone to sell me some Amazon … Thanks to everyone who's helped!Just need someone to sell me some Amazon vouchers now and then I can go and buy one.Its for a 12 year olds bedroom

It's for a 12 year olds bedroom! Oh thats defo the LG then....lol :w00t:
    What prices were the tv's on amazon?

I've got the Samsung, cannot fault it at all, looks great.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions