which karcher window cleaner

12 replies
Found 3rd Dec 2016
Looking to get a karcher window vacuum cleaner. There appears to be two versions WV2 and WV5 and they vary in price by another 30 quid. Anyone have any advice on which one to get

12 Comments

Avoid them there absolutely hopeless I have the two and there lying in cupboard ,complete waste of money ,should be sold for under a tenner !!!

lizanne

Avoid them there absolutely hopeless I have the two and there lying in … Avoid them there absolutely hopeless I have the two and there lying in cupboard ,complete waste of money ,should be sold for under a tenner !!!

I can't get to grips with them either,they are good for when I have condensation on the windows but I can't seem to get windows streak free with it

we've have the wv50 for nearly four years and use it every day in winter for condensation removing. it's great. also I'm a rubbish window cleaner but this makes light work of it for me. can't compare with other models but worth every penny I'd say.

all models are great - we use ours every day to clean shower screen

Condensation= removes most the water (remember to wipe)
Window cleaning= removes most of the water
Streak free= never get streak free windows and we all know it
Still the best use is for condensation and why most people buy them
Edited by: "q44q" 3rd Dec 2016

I have the original one and it's fab for removing condensation which is all I've ever used it for , but still going strong after a few years .

I wouldn't be without mine. My friend was complaining of condensation on her windows. I suggested she buy one. She too thinks they are brilliant. I've not heard of the WV5. I think I have the WV1. I understand the WV2 improvement is it is lighter to hold. I use it to get condensation off the windows. I have two different sized wipers. I also have a curved shower screen which is invaluable for drying it out. Being fussy, I do use a dry microfibre cloth to finish off the streak free look. Window cleaning is so much quicker too. If mine broke I would get the latest model available. Wouldn't be without one. The charge lasts ages on them too. Just make sure you empty the water out regularly.

Condensation? Just get a Dehumidifier.

marty-401

Doesn't always work as you'd expected it to especially when family members decide that they want the windows open because they feel warm.

I got the original Karcher window cleaner and loved it. After a while, I upgraded to a newer model, thinking it had been improved and gave my original to someone else. The newer model is fine and does the same job but I find it more fiddly and not an improvement at all. So if you can find a good deal on the original, that's the one I'd recommend.

marty-401

Some people can't sleep with one on upstairs all night and that's what it would take on really cold days for there to be no condensation in my house.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769585
    2. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!810
    3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48810997
    4. Linkin Park and Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington strea…44

See more discussions