Found 13th Apr 2009
Im torn between these 2 laptops on Play.com. Can anyone help sway me towards one, it will mainly be used as a media player, but the odd game also...cheers

This one has more memory and a better graphics card.
play.com/PC/…tml

This one has a better processor and 20quid less.
play.com/PC/…tml

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
10 Comments

personally id go for the 2nd one, im not quite sure why they have put 4GB of RAM and not installed Vista 64 Bit, as it wont make the most of the RAM.

Just a word of warning, these are excellent laptops but do get very hot

EDIT:
Also Acer technical support is pretty poor, my laptop went back 4 times until they finally replaced the faulty screen, quick turn around times though.

Original Poster

leecher;4909689

personally id go for the 2nd one, im not quite sure why they have put 4GB … personally id go for the 2nd one, im not quite sure why they have put 4GB of RAM and not installed Vista 64 Bit, as it wont make the most of the RAM.Just a word of warning, these are excellent laptops but do get very hot :)EDIT:Also Acer technical support is pretty poor, my laptop went back 4 times until they finally replaced the faulty screen, quick turn around times though.

So do you get a lot of fan noise when they run hot?....cheers:thumbsup:

that im not sure about, i dont own one, just used one, they are hot to the touch due to the graphics card I believe.

bob100;4909767

the 2nd laptop is £10 cheaper from … the 2nd laptop is £10 cheaper from amazonhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001G7PI2Q/interactiveda3092-21

no blu ray in that one?
EDIT:
£479 for the blu ray one

leecher;4909772

no blu ray in that one?

Well spotted my mistake:oops:

bob100;4909776

Well spotted my mistake:oops:

:thumbsup:

got some good reviews on Amazon too.

Acer are notorious for 'bloatware' too, its normally best to uninstall all the preinstalled software or better still but a completely clean install of vista on it

Yeah the second one is better, the c2d chip is far better than the amd one, and the os won't use the extra gig due to 32bit os memory restrictions.. so you are getting a better system for less cash :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Beefnoodlez;4909848

Yeah the second one is better, the c2d chip is far better than the amd … Yeah the second one is better, the c2d chip is far better than the amd one, and the os won't use the extra gig due to 32bit os memory restrictions.. so you are getting a better system for less cash :thumbsup:

But doesnt the Amd one have a much better graphics card?

They are both pretty carp, but yeah the ati graphics are better, slightly slower than an 8600m gt which is quite a bit faster than a 9300m.. it all depends what u want the laptop for as neither will play new games at a decent resolution..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?1221
    2. Schuh discount code22
    3. Is this expensive?1119
    4. Samsung UE50MU6120KXXU or LG 55UJ630V23

See more discussions