Which laptop help please

6 replies
Found 14th Oct 2009
Hi all I'm looking for a good laptop for my 11 year old he has just started comprehensive school and will probably be looking at putting windows student thingy on it I have a round £400 to spend and have seen these two,

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

comet.co.uk/sho…24Q

The first has the better spec but the second is cheaper meaning I could get the student thingy for half price.

Does anyone know of any other good laptop deals at the minute ?

Many thanks.

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
6 Comments

NONE, This has massive 500gb hdd and 3gb ram and is cheaper

currys.co.uk/mar…406

Only £318 with quidco :thumbsup:

Seems the best deal for me, I have been to pc world, curry, comet and tesco today looking for a good deal.

1gb less ram than tesco one but better prosessor

Also better prosessor than the comet one

Better Hard drive than both

Also looks very smart, Had like a snake sking effect (if you can call it that) on the top rather that just plane black.

Well worth a trip to curry to have a look then if in no hurry for it, come back and order it online to save quidco.

I’d recommend the Dell Outlet for good laptop prices
I’ve bought a 'scratch & dent' Inspiron 1545 from there and it was as new. I know a number of other HUKD members have done the same.
At the time there were good deals on and free delivery thou

Worth checking out to compare spec & prices

EDIT: link: outlet.euro.dell.com/top…dfh

mrbojangles;6576006

I’d recommend the Dell Outlet for good laptop pricesI’ve bought a 'sc … I’d recommend the Dell Outlet for good laptop pricesI’ve bought a 'scratch & dent' Inspiron 1545 from there and it was as new. I know a number of other HUKD members have done the same.At the time there were good deals on and free delivery thouWorth checking out to compare spec & pricesEDIT: link: http://outlet.euro.dell.com/topics/global.aspx/arb/online/en/InventorySearch?c=uk&cs=ukdfh1&l=en&s=dfh

Just had a look here and for the price etc you might aswell buy the new one from currys

outlet.euro.dell.com/top…dfh

Original Poster

jon1000jon;6575948

NONE, This has massive 500gb hdd and 3gb ram and is … NONE, This has massive 500gb hdd and 3gb ram and is cheaperhttp://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/026406Only £318 with quidco :thumbsup:Seems the best deal for me, I have been to pc world, curry, comet and tesco today looking for a good deal.1gb less ram than tesco one but better prosessorAlso better prosessor than the comet oneLooks good but haven't had any experiance with the emachines brand what are they like, thought I might go for the tesco one as its an acer aspire and seems a good brand I'm confusedBetter Hard drive than bothAlso looks very smart, Had like a snake sking effect (if you can call it that) on the top rather that just plane black.Well worth a trip to curry to have a look then if in no hurry for it, come back and order it online to save quidco.

Banned

Wait for Windows 7.

do you have office already or are you needing to buy it too, cos theres usually discounts through software4students.com
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769557
    2. 5am gym crew20140
    3. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games33
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming2849

See more discussions