Which laptop is better?

Posted 11th Mar
Hi guys, I know there's quite a few people on here that are knowledgeable with regards to laptops etc, could I please ask what you feel is the better of the two.
Thank you
argos.co.uk/pro…722

Or

very.co.uk/del…=na
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Maybe the Q should be: why the choice of only of those two devices, as they are significantly different ?
The one from very has a SSD which is lightning fast compared to the HDD in the Argos one.
-Will-11/03/2020 16:26

The one from very has a SSD which is lightning fast compared to the HDD in …The one from very has a SSD which is lightning fast compared to the HDD in the Argos one.

Countered by significantly less storage, hence an unusual choice of devices for comparison.
AndyRoyd11/03/2020 16:23

Maybe the Q should be: why the choice of only of those two devices, as …Maybe the Q should be: why the choice of only of those two devices, as they are significantly different ?

Ah sorry, my wife asked me which one would be better and I thought they were similar bar the SSD on the very one. It mostly to be used for homework emails and browsing and Roblox etc, she wants something that's a bit nippy and reliable. Would you have a suggestion of something better for similar price? Thanks
With regards to the storage it probably doesn't need to be 1tb tbh.
Edited by: "ndksamb" 11th Mar
ndksamb11/03/2020 16:34

Ah sorry, my wife asked me which one would be better and I thought they …Ah sorry, my wife asked me which one would be better and I thought they were similar bar the SSD on the very one. It mostly to be used for homework emails and browsing and Roblox etc, she wants something that's a bit nippy and reliable. Would you have a suggestion of something better for similar price? ThanksWith regards to the storage it probably doesn't need to be 1tb tbh.

the very one is the better laptop. the argos one will be slower as it is HDD and not SSD. it also has a slower processor than the very one.

i would only buy the argos one if you really need a lot of storage space as you sacrifice on speed.
mutley111/03/2020 17:41

the very one is the better laptop. the argos one will be slower as it is …the very one is the better laptop. the argos one will be slower as it is HDD and not SSD. it also has a slower processor than the very one.i would only buy the argos one if you really need a lot of storage space as you sacrifice on speed.

Thanks, tbh I think 256gb is more than enough and 1tb is just over kill. So prob pick that up unless someone can suggest something better for the money.
ndksamb11/03/2020 17:50

Thanks, tbh I think 256gb is more than enough and 1tb is just over kill. …Thanks, tbh I think 256gb is more than enough and 1tb is just over kill. So prob pick that up unless someone can suggest something better for the money.

unless you have a serious amount of photos and videos to store, 256GB should be fine for general use. speed is very important on a laptop and HDD is really old technology now. it takes a long time to load and is quite slow in comparison to SSD.

have you asked her if she would prefer 14 inch screen? i find the 15.6 inch too big and heavy for me.
ndksamb11/03/2020 17:50

Thanks, tbh I think 256gb is more than enough and 1tb is just over kill. …Thanks, tbh I think 256gb is more than enough and 1tb is just over kill. So prob pick that up unless someone can suggest something better for the money.

Random suggestion based on your indicated use: keep £100 in your pocket via Asus M509DA from ebuyer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants