Which Laptop is better for Photoshop / Lightroom?

Found 1st Aug
Dell 7570 i7 / 8GB / GeForce 940MX 4GB - I can get to close to £700 after discount through my work.

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

or a Gaming Laptop such as

HP Omen i5 / 8GB / GTX 1050 4GB £800 after discount
pcworld.co.uk/gbu…tml

Acer Nitro 5 / i5 / 8GB / GTX 1050 4 GB £800 after discount
uk-store.acer.com/nit…k-1

or other recommendations?
Community Updates
10 Comments
scan.co.uk/pro…-10

this one is the same price without discount and is better specced as its a GTX 1060
paulj482 h, 51 m ago

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/156-msi-gl62mvr-7rfx-1269uk-i5-7300hq-gtx-1060-3gb-gddr5-8gb-256gb-ssd-win-10this one is the same price without discount and is better specced as its a GTX 1060

Looks great, just missing a 1TB drive in addition to the SSD.
Carl_Wright11 m ago

Looks great, just missing a 1TB drive in addition to the SSD.

Yea, noticed that but does go to show you can get a GTX 1060 for £800 and the GTX 1050’s you linkedare over priced.
This one's over budget but, covers all required it seems scan.co.uk/pro…0-u I wonder if the MSI has room for another drive...ummmm
your 'gaming' one has much better specs for lightroom etc but take a look at the screen quality as well
fairly often gaming (or any) laptops come with low colour coverage and accuracy screens
brilly1 h, 13 m ago

your 'gaming' one has much better specs for lightroom etc but take a look …your 'gaming' one has much better specs for lightroom etc but take a look at the screen quality as wellfairly often gaming (or any) laptops come with low colour coverage and accuracy screens

Many of them don't comment on screen rating in terms of RGB or gamut. Well under £1000 anyway.

I know the vram on the graphics card does aid lightroom, so thats more my reason for a gaming machine.

The Asus Rog are meant to have reasonable screens just haven't found one to meet my requirements.

Ideally i5/i7, 8gb ram (upgradable to 32gb), 128gb SSD and 1tb HDD for images, 4gb dedicated graphics card, reasonable 15.6 screen (possibly 17), will also connect to external screen at times.
Carl_Wright14 m ago

Many of them don't comment on screen rating in terms of RGB or gamut. Well …Many of them don't comment on screen rating in terms of RGB or gamut. Well under £1000 anyway.I know the vram on the graphics card does aid lightroom, so thats more my reason for a gaming machine.The Asus Rog are meant to have reasonable screens just haven't found one to meet my requirements.Ideally i5/i7, 8gb ram (upgradable to 32gb), 128gb SSD and 1tb HDD for images, 4gb dedicated graphics card, reasonable 15.6 screen (possibly 17), will also connect to external screen at times.

generally you need to look at review sites for that
the 15inch dell of that range used to be poor whist the 17 were decent - no idea now
notebookcheck do some decent reviews
Edited by: "brilly" 1st Aug
brilly7 m ago

generally you need to look at review sites for thatthe 15inch dell of that …generally you need to look at review sites for thatthe 15inch dell of that range used to be poor whist the 17 were decent - no idea nownotebookcheck do some decent reviews

Thanks. This one does show in terms of nits box.co.uk/GL5…tml
Carl_Wright1st Aug

Thanks. This one does show in terms of nits …Thanks. This one does show in terms of nits https://www.box.co.uk/GL553VE-DM292T-ASUS-ROG-Strix-GL553VE-DM292T-Gaming-Lap_2203029.html

this looks like a review of the first machine - tbh i dont find a 940mx helps all that much
notebookcheck.net/Del…tml
I found one on there for the Omen too, screens are lacking quality but, I think that is where the line is drawn. I may need to pick one and hook up to my external monitor when colour checking for sure.

Unless I go for something other than an all out gaming machine.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants