Which laptop is better? PLEASE

hello, i have a budget of £500 and want to buy a laptop with the screen size not bigger that 15.4.

i generally going to use it for university work, watching dvd's, browsing the net and the Odd basic game (nothing too high end)

ive been looking at these 2 in the link below:
direct.tesco.com/com…spx

Main difference im confused about:
Graphics Dedicated......512MB...... 256MB
Processor..................RM-74....P7350

which is better, btw im NOT concerned about the harddrive space as i have a portable
external.

thanks for any help and feel free to suggest other laptops to me if you feel theres better

8 Comments

Out of them 2 I would go for the one on the right, better processor, bigger hard drive and better wifi, I doubt if you would use the 512mb of graphics memory hat it has because its still a poor graphics card in both but it should be ok for a non gaming laptop, samsung have the r505 at dixons for £429 and it comes with the windows 7 upgrade (they all should but don't), you might want to look at that as well if you have a HDTV as it comes with HDMI out.

right ones better. better processer. better graphics card.

have a look at this instead..

ebuyer.com/pro…558

Original Poster

Wodja;6403117

Out of them 2 I would go for the one on the right, better processor, … Out of them 2 I would go for the one on the right, better processor, bigger hard drive and better wifi, I doubt if you would use the 512mb of graphics memory hat it has because its still a poor graphics card in both but it should be ok for a non gaming laptop, samsung have the r505 at dixons for £429 and it comes with the windows 7 upgrade (they all should but don't), you might want to look at that as well.

great advice thanks, think i will end up going for the intel, bit put off by the samsung, wonderfull tv's but samsung laptops im not too keen on. btw, i didnt notice the better wi-fi , nice spot:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Frankenstein;6403187

right ones better. better processer. better graphics card.

thanks for the reply, but i thought the graphics were the same:?

Banned

macbook

try laptopsdirect, great deals
go through quidco for free delivery code & cashback

Original Poster

Hamm;6403243

macbook

under £500?, never used a mac before

Just working on an Acer Aspire 5536 from PC World
Was reduced from £499 to £449 but when I asked for discount was told there was £50 off if I showed a student card. Duly did and got for £399.
Not the best spec but for the money really good.
AMD Dual Core 2.2 ghz
4gb Ram
15.6" LED 16:9 Screen
Ati Radeon HD 3200 graphics
500gb Hard drive
DVD super multi drive
Card reader
4USB ports
1 HDMI port
1 VGA port
Usual audio in out ports
multi-touch mouse pad (like iphone but not as good! LOL)
seems to be OK! - would have preferred Core 2 Duo but can't get for the money;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2243
    2. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1516
    3. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1212
    4. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1929

See more discussions