Which laptop out of these two?

4 replies
Found 26th Sep 2008
Hey all, looking for a bit of advice, any ideas which one of these would be the best? I have 400 to spend this time. Any help appreciated. REP waiting.

Links coming next.

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
4 Comments

Original Poster

Compaq with Turion X2 - 2GB RAM - 200GB HDD

15" screen with webcam and wifi etc from currys £399

]http//ww…078

Second is from Makro, the £329 one. Pentium Dual Core 2390 - 160GB HDD and 2GB RAM

HELP! ?

Shame you cannot stretch another £100 or so and get a Dell. Personally out of the two I would go with the Pentium laptop.

if it was a choice between only those two then i'd go for the Compaq every time. Compaq is a well known brand and good build quality.

You dont mention the manufacturer of the Makro one though so I cant say much about that one. Chances are that the Compaq one will have the newer and faster components and prob faster bus speed so I'd go for that one.

Hope this helps! Cheers.

With laptops its always worth the Extra £100 if you can afford it, They can become out of date very quickly and are not easy to upgrade.

If I had to pick one of the two I would choose the Intel Pentium over AMD everytime. However I would consider these as superior options:

www1.euro.dell.com/con…bsd
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition72793
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions