Found 3rd Mar 2010
amazon.co.uk/Ace…N88

amazon.co.uk/Sam…N88

The acer has a 500 gb hardrive and the ram is 4gb but the processor is 1.2ghz.

The samsung has a 250 gb hardrive and the ram is 2gb but the processor is 2.1GHZ.

Both are the same price essentialy. I am more concerned with speed, so is the ram more important or the processor speed?

THanks in advance.

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
5 Comments

this one is very good which was posted on here yesterday

hotukdeals.com/ite…2bn

Well now....
It all depends on your usage.
The Samsung 'could' be upgraded should you find that the 250gb HDD & 2Gb RAM aren't enough.
The Acer will be plenty out the box and though the processor is slower, it's a 64bit dual core so will be quicker than it sounds. It has noe webcam, but comes with an N spec wireless capability. My Kids have Acers and I think they're great.
There's not much detail in the Samsung spec and to be honest I don't know what their track record is like with PCs...... It has a webcam, but not the N spec wireless.
Personally? I'd get the Acer.

Original Poster

Thanks for the response guys.

I seriously doubt I will be using 500 gb's so the space is not a big issue nor is the webcam, I just dont want the laptop freezing up on me if I have too many windows open at the same time.

Thanks for the link to the play.com lappie. I saw that this morning and looks like a beast of a machine, though 17" on a laptop is taking the **** I think, plus I can only spend my gift certificates at Amazon.

So one more time mates am I going with the Acer? I know that there track record in laptops is pretty stable no info on the samsung though.

Mubin;8007785

Thanks for the response guys.I seriously doubt I will be using 500 gb's … Thanks for the response guys.I seriously doubt I will be using 500 gb's so the space is not a big issue nor is the webcam, I just dont want the laptop freezing up on me if I have too many windows open at the same time.Thanks for the link to the play.com lappie. I saw that this morning and looks like a beast of a machine, though 17" on a laptop is taking the **** I think, plus I can only spend my gift certificates at Amazon.So one more time mates am I going with the Acer? I know that there track record in laptops is pretty stable no info on the samsung though.

Samsung have a very good rep for having a much better build quality then acer.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564081
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769218
    3. Leicester sack their manager!815
    4. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)91185

See more discussions