Groups

Which Laptop should I choose from these options?

Which laptop should I choose (I want it to cost under £400 and have a 15.4" screen), after searching the internet for a while I have come up with these options:

Toshiba Satellite L300-1DN Laptop - 3GB Ram, 250GB Hard Drive, 15.4" TruBrite® WXGA TFT Display, Vista Home Premium, (with Intel® Pentium® dual-core processor T3400)
    from staples.co.uk for £403.32

OR

Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop Black - Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo Processor T5800, 2GB RAM, 160GB Hard Drive, 15.4" Widescreen WXGA Display, Windows Vista® Home Premium (with Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo Processor T5800)
    from staples.co.uk for £329.72 (now out of stock)

OR

Asus X59GL-AP007C Laptop, Core 2 Duo T5800 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HDD, 15.4" TFT, DVD SM DL, 6 Cell Batt, nVIDIA GeForce 8200 Vista Home Premium
    from ebuyer.co.uk for £399.99

OR

is there any of good laptops out there with similar spec bewloe the £400 mark

11 Comments

Either the second or the third one.
    If your going to do a bit of gaming the second will prob have a slightly better graphics card.

Personally id get the second one as I dont recommend asus' and hdd and ram can be easily upgraded at a later date.

I'd go for the Toshiba one. I doubt that Staples is the cheapest for it.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;5210365

I'd go for the Toshiba one. I doubt that Staples is the cheapest for it.

Staples is the cheapest I can find it, play.com want £429.99 for it

Remember those Staples prices exclude VAT....

Original Poster

emasu;5210472

Remember those Staples prices exclude VAT....

I didnt know that! comes to £403.32

keyuk;5210437

Staples is the cheapest I can find it, play.com want £429.99 for it

Remember there is VAT. The total is £403.32

SNAP

I would go for the Asus one

Dells currently have problems with power (chargers, power ports, batteries and motherboards being changed on many of the inspiron models)

Toshiba's satellite/equiem have MB problems. (One day they will just not boot up due to the motherboard being fried)

As a guide look on Ebay for laptop components. If you see lots of components being offered for 1 particular laptop then there is normally problems. Also look for laptops with keywords not working or defective.

Just so you know this is what I do for a Living!!

LOL

Original Poster

Kranor;5216575

I would go for the Asus oneDells currently have problems with power … I would go for the Asus oneDells currently have problems with power (chargers, power ports, batteries and motherboards being changed on many of the inspiron models)Toshiba's satellite/equiem have MB problems. (One day they will just not boot up due to the motherboard being fried) As a guide look on Ebay for laptop components. If you see lots of components being offered for 1 particular laptop then there is normally problems. Also look for laptops with keywords not working or defective.Just so you know this is what I do for a Living!!LOL

Thanks, that was helpful information

Original Poster

Just found another option...

HP 550 Laptop,Intel Core 2 Duo T5670 1.8GHz, 4GB 250GB 15.4" BrightView TFT, DVD±RW Lightscribe Writer, Bluetooth, SD Card Slot, Vista Home Premium,
    £399.99 at ebuyer.co.uk

So I guess is between this HP and the Asus

keyuk;5219017

Just found another option...HP 550 Laptop,Intel Core 2 Duo T5670 1.8GHz, … Just found another option...HP 550 Laptop,Intel Core 2 Duo T5670 1.8GHz, 4GB 250GB 15.4" BrightView TFT, DVD±RW Lightscribe Writer, Bluetooth, SD Card Slot, Vista Home Premium,£399.99 at **************So I guess is between this HP and the Asus

Are you not allowed to say e-buyer?
    sorry e-b*y*r:whistling:

Go to the Dell website and customise a 15" Inspiron as close to £400 as you can. You should be able to get a much better spec for your budger than the one at staples.

Go here

configure.euro.dell.com/del…dhs

£379 inc delivery. You can upgrade the RAM for an extra £20 to 3GB making it £399. The processor is already better than the other laptops you are looking at.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1425
      2. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      3. love affairs1548
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions