Which Laptop would you choose? help please

Found 22nd Apr 2017
I need your help and opinions on choosing a laptop, I have narrowed it down to these two:

Omen 15-ax206na

Latest generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ processor

39.6 cm (15.6") diagonal Full-HD (1920 x 1080) display

8GB RAM with 128GB SSD and 1TB storage

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

store.hp.com/UKS…NTB

OR

Pavilion 17-ab200na

Latest generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Quad-Core processor

43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal Full-HD (1920 x 1080) display

16GB RAM with 128GB SSD and 1TB storage

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

store.hp.com/UKS…NTB

The only difference is one has 15.6" screen, 8gb ram and 1050ti graphics, whereas the other has 17" screen, 16gb ram and 1050 graphics.

I will be using the laptop a mix between moderate gaming and video editing and other general use. Which one do you think is the better machine?

Thank you for your help!

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
7 Comments

Omen it looks good am jealous

Omen.

Pavilion is gonna be built worse as it's their consumer line. Had a Pavilion before (not this high-end configuration though) and hinge broke in less than a year. Creaky plastic. I'd go for the proper gaming laptop which is the Omen.

Both links just took me to the Spectre convertible model. Complete different model
Edited by: "hearts22" 22nd Apr 2017

HP is for suckers.

Original Poster

hearts22

Omen.Pavilion is gonna be built worse as it's their consumer line. Had a … Omen.Pavilion is gonna be built worse as it's their consumer line. Had a Pavilion before (not this high-end configuration though) and hinge broke in less than a year. Creaky plastic. I'd go for the proper gaming laptop which is the Omen. Both links just took me to the Spectre convertible model. Complete different model

​Thank you for your reply i didn't know about the build difference and that has swayed me definitely, not sure why the links have taken you to the spectre haha! cheers!

Original Poster

i went with the omen and used code spring10 to get it for £900.

scottydd

i went with the omen and used code spring10 to get it for £900.

Enjoy your new purchase

Original Poster

Thank you for your help!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants