Which Laptop would you choose? help please

Found 22nd Apr 2017
I need your help and opinions on choosing a laptop, I have narrowed it down to these two:

Omen 15-ax206na

Latest generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ processor

39.6 cm (15.6") diagonal Full-HD (1920 x 1080) display

8GB RAM with 128GB SSD and 1TB storage

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

store.hp.com/UKS…NTB

OR

Pavilion 17-ab200na

Latest generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Quad-Core processor

43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal Full-HD (1920 x 1080) display

16GB RAM with 128GB SSD and 1TB storage

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

store.hp.com/UKS…NTB

The only difference is one has 15.6" screen, 8gb ram and 1050ti graphics, whereas the other has 17" screen, 16gb ram and 1050 graphics.

I will be using the laptop a mix between moderate gaming and video editing and other general use. Which one do you think is the better machine?

Thank you for your help!
Community Updates
AskLaptop
7 Comments
Omen it looks good am jealous
Omen.

Pavilion is gonna be built worse as it's their consumer line. Had a Pavilion before (not this high-end configuration though) and hinge broke in less than a year. Creaky plastic. I'd go for the proper gaming laptop which is the Omen.

Both links just took me to the Spectre convertible model. Complete different model
Edited by: "hearts22" 22nd Apr 2017
HP is for suckers.
hearts22

Omen.Pavilion is gonna be built worse as it's their consumer line. Had a … Omen.Pavilion is gonna be built worse as it's their consumer line. Had a Pavilion before (not this high-end configuration though) and hinge broke in less than a year. Creaky plastic. I'd go for the proper gaming laptop which is the Omen. Both links just took me to the Spectre convertible model. Complete different model

​Thank you for your reply i didn't know about the build difference and that has swayed me definitely, not sure why the links have taken you to the spectre haha! cheers!
i went with the omen and used code spring10 to get it for £900.
scottydd

i went with the omen and used code spring10 to get it for £900.

Enjoy your new purchase
Thank you for your help!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants