which led light bulbs do i need? G9

Found 20th Jul
On the manual it says i need

33w
max voltage: 240v
g9 halogen

this is for a flush ceiling light, i wanted led lights rather then halogen for efficiency, but i'm not sure which leds voltage/watts i need?

thank you
Community Updates
AskElectronicsLighting
6 Comments
These would do you amazon.co.uk/Asc…031 There are also cool white versions listed on the same page.

As long as the bulb is rated to 240V then you will be OK. The Wattage of the LED bulb will not be an issue to the holder - but will govern how bright your room is!
Mains voltage. Watts are irrelevent, they'll be determined by the brightness you want.

Although bear in mind LEDs can be more directional than halogens, so the sort of surface mounted LEDs without diffuser like Van linked to would broadcast more light outwards and less light upwards - which may not be the best choice for a recessed ceiling fitting assuming the bulbs are mounted upside down.
You need a g9 led bulb, they differ in brightness and colour of the light emitted. Main thing is to buy a bulb that fits the holder with the cover on.

Beware that if the bulb gets warm then there's a good chance it will die in a year or two. Overheating due to faulty voltage regulation is the main reason for led bulb failure. The driver just ends up dying.
Thanks guys . Will try
EndlessWaves12 h, 28 m ago

Mains voltage. Watts are irrelevent, they'll be determined by the …Mains voltage. Watts are irrelevent, they'll be determined by the brightness you want.Although bear in mind LEDs can be more directional than halogens, so the sort of surface mounted LEDs without diffuser like Van linked to would broadcast more light outwards and less light upwards - which may not be the best choice for a recessed ceiling fitting assuming the bulbs are mounted upside down.

They are downwards ... when you save cover what do you mean? I’ve ordered dimmable variant let’s see
wakkaday6 m ago

They are downwards ... when you save cover what do you mean? I’ve ordered d …They are downwards ... when you save cover what do you mean? I’ve ordered dimmable variant let’s see

Save cover?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants