Which mattress - can't decide!

Found 13th Oct 2016
Hey!

We're moving house and need a mattress, saw a code on here to get 20% off but I can't decide between these two:

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

I can't decide between memory foam, or the other which is just a layer of memory foam

What are peoples experience?

1. Ask
  2. Mattress
9 Comments

SolidWarrior

I can't decide between memory foam, or the other which is just a layer of … I can't decide between memory foam, or the other which is just a layer of memory foam

You don't get purely memory foam mattresses. Even the most expensive ones have a memory foam top half and a bottom half made of something else.

SolidWarrior

What are peoples experience?

Don't buy a mattress online. There are so many different things that go into a mattress these days and so little information about them available then there's a substantial amount of pot luck about whether a mattress suits you.

Tell me about it. I'm in the same position. Problem is even if you just test it in a shop you don't really get an idea of what it's like until you've used it for a week or so and there's only so many company's that offer this type of service.

I did stay at a friend's house for a few nights last week and they had a latex mattress and my back never felt so good so that's what I'm looking at now.

greencode

Tell me about it. I'm in the same position. Problem is even if you just … Tell me about it. I'm in the same position. Problem is even if you just test it in a shop you don't really get an idea of what it's like until you've used it for a week or so and there's only so many company's that offer this type of service.

Is that an issue with foam though? It know it can be an issue with hairy fillings (polyester etc.) as they move about a bit.

greencode

I did stay at a friend's house for a few nights last week and they had a … I did stay at a friend's house for a few nights last week and they had a latex mattress and my back never felt so good so that's what I'm looking at now.

I found the same thing. I'd tried a lot of latex mattresses in shops and they were all nice (except one very firm model) so I ordered a medium model online for ~£100 less.

While it was all I could hope for generally - there were a few understandable cost-cutting measures like a cheaper cover - I've found it uncomfortable because of something I completely didn't expect and hadn't come across in other mattresses. Namely that the 'zoning' was rather strong and in the wrong place for me.

It was obvious from Day 1 and doesn't seem to have chanced much in the year I've been persisting with it so now I'm going to have to spend £150-350 on a thick foam or latex topper and end up spending more than if I'd just bought one of the ones I knew were nice.

It's just not worth the increased risk of buying something online that has such a huge impact on your life. Not getting a good night's sleep is a big deal.

I can recommend this one. Had it 2 years and no sagging. amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

Looks like I have you 2nd choice one and it's cheaper on Amazon.
Edited by: "dereklogan7" 13th Oct 2016

Original Poster

Thanks for your replies guys.

I must say, the 2nd choice was the one I liked most and I noticed theres a 7-zone version for a little bit more.. tempting!

I am a little sceptile about buying it online, but can it be any worse than the current IKEA mattress I have?

If you can stretch to it the EVE mattresses and others like them give you a 100 night trial

I ordered this one after reading lots of reviews on here and other places. Been to bed shops to "test" different ones out. hotukdeals.com/dea…319

It's such a subjective and personal thing. I wish there was one type and one body type. Actually if we were all robots then we wouldn't need a mattress.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.22
    2. Add one, leave one game54415436
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604809
    4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941398

See more discussions