Which Mesh wifi?

Posted 30th Mar
Hi all,

Thinking of jumping in to the mesh wifi set up, pretty new to these so I'm after some advice, currently looking at the tenda network on ebuyer theres the M5 quad pack set up at 69.99 on offer down from 129.98

ebuyer.com/920…ck-

Then theres the M3 setup but they have thrown a single M6 cube in for free for 69.98

ebuyer.com/841…ck-

would the m3 system with the single m6 cube be better than the m5 setup?

Or is there any other mesh setup which people would recommend?

Any thoughts would be great

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
I can't speak for any others, but I have Google WiFi and works perfectly for me.

I can get great signal at the bottom of the garden and full signal in the room I was struggling with too.
Bob2460130/03/2020 18:28

I can't speak for any others, but I have Google WiFi and works perfectly …I can't speak for any others, but I have Google WiFi and works perfectly for me.I can get great signal at the bottom of the garden and full signal in the room I was struggling with too.

It looks good bud but it looks a little bit out of my price range when you start adding "points"
deleted1793489
I have tenda mw3...no issues and very happy with them. Solid connection.
Tenda mw3 here too, no complaints.
Sky broadband on the other hand...
If occupied sockets are no issue then MW5 or wait for the release of MW12...

For quick comparison scroll down between Tenda mesh:
tendacn.com/uk/…tml
Edited by: "senukas" 30th Mar
BT whole home works for me, can max out 100 Mb on Virgin furthest room away from router, think theres been some rly good refurb deals on it recently
Avenger30/03/2020 18:42

It looks good bud but it looks a little bit out of my price range when you …It looks good bud but it looks a little bit out of my price range when you start adding "points"

Depends how many you need, I got 3 for £170 from a previous deal here. Its a US version but works perfectly no issues at all.
I’ve just ordered some tp-link deco e4 triple pack for £100, reviews seem ok...

wished id seen these at that price..
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 30th Mar
Myriad30/03/2020 19:10

BT whole home works for me, can max out 100 Mb on Virgin furthest room …BT whole home works for me, can max out 100 Mb on Virgin furthest room away from router, think theres been some rly good refurb deals on it recently

+1
Myriad30/03/2020 19:10

BT whole home works for me, can max out 100 Mb on Virgin furthest room …BT whole home works for me, can max out 100 Mb on Virgin furthest room away from router, think theres been some rly good refurb deals on it recently

Would also echo this, got 2 discs in a refurb deal which cover my 3 floor house perfectly.
Lepor3llo30/03/2020 20:55

Would also echo this, got 2 discs in a refurb deal which cover my 3 floor …Would also echo this, got 2 discs in a refurb deal which cover my 3 floor house perfectly.

Same. BT Whole Home works for me. I thought I’d need 3 discs but 2 easily covers my 3 storey house and most of my garden. Cheap enough if you need more discs
I've just bought the MW5 deal from Ebuyer too, gets great reviews so can't go wrong at that price
A2DY_30/03/2020 22:14

Same. BT Whole Home works for me. I thought I’d need 3 discs but 2 easily c …Same. BT Whole Home works for me. I thought I’d need 3 discs but 2 easily covers my 3 storey house and most of my garden. Cheap enough if you need more discs

Could I ask what's the parental controls like with these, as tbh it doesn't look that great on the tenda's
Avenger30/03/2020 22:16

Could I ask what's the parental controls like with these, as tbh it …Could I ask what's the parental controls like with these, as tbh it doesn't look that great on the tenda's

Not really sure on parental controls, you can pause or block devices access but I think that’s all.
I tend to use the parental controls on the device itself
Avenger30/03/2020 22:16

Could I ask what's the parental controls like with these, as tbh it …Could I ask what's the parental controls like with these, as tbh it doesn't look that great on the tenda's

I’ve not really used this but you can pause individual devices via the app which will effectively kick them off the Wi-Fi until you unpause.
bobdylan30/03/2020 22:16

I've just bought the MW5 deal from Ebuyer too, gets great reviews so can't …I've just bought the MW5 deal from Ebuyer too, gets great reviews so can't go wrong at that price

Me too Seems a reasonable price to experiment with a mesh system.

Took me a little while to work out the difference between the MW5 and the MW5s (MW5s plugs straight into socket whilst whilst the MW5 uses an adaptor cable)
Edited by: "gari189" 30th Mar
Not sure if this is strictly a 'mesh' system but bought these a few weeks ago and am very pleased with them. Complete WiFi coverage throughout the house and the bonus of an ethernet port if you need it amazon.co.uk/Pow…_10
Bob2460130/03/2020 19:11

Depends how many you need, I got 3 for £170 from a previous deal here. Its …Depends how many you need, I got 3 for £170 from a previous deal here. Its a US version but works perfectly no issues at all.

Where did you order that from as that seems a fantastic price?
Indicut04/04/2020 17:49

Where did you order that from as that seems a fantastic price?

From this deal, sorry was slightly higher than stated but not by much. Expired though, but they work perfectly for me. Signal for me has greatly improved.

hotukdeals.com/dea…788
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions