Which Minecraft for Xbox one?

Found 3rd Dec 2017
Yes kings and queens,

My son is a minecraft fan. He plays it on the iPad and on the Apple TV 4. For Christmas he will be receiving a Xbox one S with two controllers.

A family member asked what to buy my son for Christmas. I thought well what about minecraft for Xbox One? Thing is, I don’t know which version, can anyone help?

there seems to be:
Minecraft (Xbox one) @ £21.49,
Minecraft Favourites Bundle - Includes Minecraft Favourites plus Battle Map Pack Season Pass (Xbox One) @ £59.99,
Minecraft Favorites Pack (Xbox One) @ £22.99,
Minecraft Explorers Pack (Xbox One) @ £19.99,
Minecraft Story Mode Complete Adventure (Xbox One) @ £27.99,
Minecraft Super Plus Pack – Xbox One @ £26.99,
Minecraft Story Mode - Season 2 Pass Disc (Xbox One) @ £23.99...

..and those are just the Amazon options! This whole minecraft thing is a minefield.

can anyone advise, please
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Minecraft (Xbox one) @ £21.49, is the standard game

Minecraft Favourites Bundle - Includes Minecraft Favourites plus Battle Map Pack Season Pass (Xbox One) @ £59.99 Is the game with a lot of extra downloads.
Minecraft Favorites Pack (Xbox One) @ £22.99, includes the game with one dlc
Minecraft Explorers Pack (Xbox One) @ £19.99, includes the game with one dlc
Minecraft Super Plus Pack – Xbox One @ £26.99, includes the game with a few dlc
Minecraft Story Mode - Season 2 Pass Disc (Xbox One) @ £23.99.. is a seperate game not like regular minecraft.
Minecraft story mode is one of those old click adventure sort of games. Not worth picking up over the original Minecraft.

I'm unsure how good the Minecraft battle mode is, tried it once didn't really feel it.

I'd suggest getting one of the favourite , explorers or standard edition. (explorers being the cheapest).

Explorers;
Minecraft base game and Explorers Pack, which consists of: Chinese Mythology Mashup, Natural Texture Pack, Biome Settlers Skin Pack, Battle and Beasts Skin Pack, and Campfire Tales Skin Pack.

Favourites:
This bundle includes: Battle & Beasts Skin Pack, Battle & Beasts 2 Skin Pack, Natural Texture Pack, City Texture Pack, Fantasy Texture Pack, Festive Mash-up, Halo Mash-up.
With all the different editions out there, perhaps they should rename it Minefield.
Original Poster
Thanks everyone, that’s really helpful. So I guess Minecraft Super Plus Pack – Xbox One @ £26.99
Original Poster
Rastafari28 m ago

Thanks everyone, that’s really helpful. So I guess Minecraft Super Plus P …Thanks everyone, that’s really helpful. So I guess Minecraft Super Plus Pack – Xbox One @ £26.99

Scratch that, just seen it’s not released until May 2018. If you guys were in my position, which game would you be looking for for your son?
Rastafari18 m ago

Scratch that, just seen it’s not released until May 2018. If you guys w … Scratch that, just seen it’s not released until May 2018. If you guys were in my position, which game would you be looking for for your son?

One of the 3 I mentioned above.

With Minecraft you can only use one level skin at a time (find your favourite and be done with it).
Character skins can be swapped in, but I doubt would be as often as you'd think.

I would say explorers as it's the cheapest version plus comes with some bonus content.
Then favourites as it's almost the same price as the standard game. Then standard.

Minecraft is a £15 game normally, so I wouldn't suggest the mega pack at £40+. All dlc is cosmetic from what I know and will not effect the game other than looks/graphics.

No in game crafting items are tied behind a specific dlc (correct me if I am wrong).

Edit:
Reskinned items are tied behind some dlc (Asian pack has laterns etc while other dlc will be a torch etc, just the graphics of those items change but functionality is the same).
Edited by: "kos1c" 3rd Dec 2017
I'm having the same problem, I just want Minecraft!!..
Just asked my 14 yr old son and he said this is the one to buy initially Argos £16.99 ( this is the one that comes in the Minecraft Xbox bundles)
Original Poster
Many thanks to all.
hotukdeals.com/dea…885

It'll just be a download code. But that's cheap.
Edited by: "kos1c" 7th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants