Groups
    EXPIRED

which mobby phone??

I have been round and round google like a mad person fro a few days now as im keen for anew mobile phone. however i just cannot decide, so i need some help.

I have recently got the o2 simplicity deal with web bolt on , so only need a handset.

Im looking for a phone which covers all features/specs well if not very well which wont break the bank.

I would love an iphone however it cannot justify the huge outlay for the handset and im convinced there is a exceptable alternative to it which does equally well with better price.
    So i have i think, got a few choices but its all swings and roundabouts from what i can make if it, i dont upgrade my phone often and so ideally looking for something which will do me a few years.

So unless someone has real good deal for an iphone im leaving it out though its my first choice.
    second choice i have looked at HTC hero, but the lack of xenon flash and lag put me off a little , but i love the android based system. does anyone know of any firmware which has fixed this yet?

third is either the n97 or samsung i8910hd, or possibly the palm pre.

Have i missed a good contender?

I need to decide as my new sim is sitting redundant in package .

12 Comments

hero looks a good un actually so does the i8910hd, the palm pre looks really poor, and n97 is very laggy, unresponsive touchscreen usually, and ofc the iphone is the iphone. i have the ipod touch so that fills my void for an iphone,a nd love it to bits, the andriod os is coming on leaps and bounds and apparantly has a ncie marketplace for apps too, so hero looks an attractive alternative

I fyou dont want touchscreen check out the w995 and the c905. Both got an 8.1 mp camera

Original Poster

teshnit;5957732

hero looks a good un actually so does the i8910hd, the palm pre looks … hero looks a good un actually so does the i8910hd, the palm pre looks really poor, and n97 is very laggy, unresponsive touchscreen usually, and ofc the iphone is the iphone. i have the ipod touch so that fills my void for an iphone,a nd love it to bits, the andriod os is coming on leaps and bounds and apparantly has a ncie marketplace for apps too, so hero looks an attractive alternative

I also have a touch which is why im not to fussed about the media side of things in a massive way, i also come to think of it have a camera and a camcorder :oops: so i guess i will use those for any serious shooting, though its nice to have something in ya picket when you need it in a moment hence the reality of the features on mobiles.

I keep edging back to the hero, is the n97 a lag a lot more than the hero?

After seeing the full palm pre review im not sure im gripped with the keyboard im quite heavy fingered and find diddy keys very irritating, fact the others landscape for larger keyboard makes them a positive. so guess thats the palm out :w00t:

I keep hearing so much positives about android, looks like apple have got serious competition.
    which makes me feel its maybe worth a shot, the only thing holding me back is the camera has no flash on the htc? does anyone have a htc who can comment on picture quality?
    I have a SE k800i at present and the camera is superb.

I breifly had the omnia but i couldnt get it to work properly(private sale) found out later it was a import not sure if that was the problem. Did like the quality of it and the way it features were set out, the i8910hd looks just to better that, but it doesnt seem to have that something extra like the htc, but the camera is good and the video playback it superb, so what i need is a htc with a i8910hd camera :?

Original Poster

magough;5957905

I fyou dont want touchscreen check out the w995 and the c905. Both got an … I fyou dont want touchscreen check out the w995 and the c905. Both got an 8.1 mp camera

Yes i had a brief look at this yesterday in the town and i like the SE range having got a k800i currently , just i wish they would make one with a better sized screen

I will google off and have a look at the reviews in more depth of these two. which woudl you say is the best choice out those.

Have a look at the samsung tocco ultra.

best of both worlds with a touch screen and keypad, 8 megapixel camera.

i'm considering getting one

yeh Se are solid phones, i got the w595, cheap and cheerful if you want to call it that, i always have my ipod with me, so it isnt exacvtly a music phone for me but tbh im ot fussed with flash, etc etc, its a mobile phone in reality if ti looks nice and does its job fine by me would love a htc hero though, but bit out my price bracket currently. w995 looks very nice too, tocco ultra as mention is another good phone with combo of touch and number keypad, if your in the market for this top end phones take a look at the iphone 3g (not 3gs) there price has fallen quite considerably since the new iphone, but they are essientially the same just that the 3gs has a better processor...although if you have a ipod touch i guess you dont realy need an iphone, since iphones do have generally terrible cameras compared to other leading phones.

Original Poster

Oh-Behave;5959499

Have a look at the samsung tocco ultra.best of both worlds with a touch … Have a look at the samsung tocco ultra.best of both worlds with a touch screen and keypad, 8 megapixel camera.i'm considering getting one

Thanks the the camera is pretty good though it has no wifi , which is a standard feature on most upto date phone these days and i would miss the function.

have had 6 c905's since christmas, so not as well built as some peoples experiences with them

Not sure which phone is best but don't forget quidco - some good money back deals at moment.

katya1971;5958772

Yes i had a brief look at this yesterday in the town and i like the SE … Yes i had a brief look at this yesterday in the town and i like the SE range having got a k800i currently , just i wish they would make one with a better sized screen I will google off and have a look at the reviews in more depth of these two. which woudl you say is the best choice out those.

i have the w995 and really happy with it, takes fantastic pics and really does everything i need it to really well, Very well built feels proper solid in hand unlike the c905 which to me feels a bit plasticy.

If you like your k800i, then the w995 would be the perfect phone for you:thumbsup:

Original Poster

junkenstein73;5963561

i have the w995 and really happy with it, takes fantastic pics and really … i have the w995 and really happy with it, takes fantastic pics and really does everything i need it to really well, Very well built feels proper solid in hand unlike the c905 which to me feels a bit plasticy.If you like your k800i, then the w995 would be the perfect phone for you:thumbsup:

I took a look at these phones and they are very nice, however i would like to move over to a smartphone/touchscreen with a larger screen area for visibility, the nokias are like you say solid dependable handsets and mine even now is ongoing.
    I think i have boiled it down to two contenders htc hero and omnid hd . just now which one? the omnis wins hands down on camera and video but i must admit i do like the android interface but i havent tried the new symbian s50 ? yet as the old omnia had windows mobile which i wasnt over impressed with.

Original Poster

burnley16;5961919

Not sure which phone is best but don't forget quidco - some good money … Not sure which phone is best but don't forget quidco - some good money back deals at moment.

Whare are the money back deals for PAYG handsets please? as im only seeing cashback for contracts.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions