Which Mobile?

Found 2nd Aug 2017
Hi I currently have a Moto G5, but it's lacking things I want.

Is there another handset out there at similar price, with almost stock android, but which also includes -

NFC
3GB RAM
32GB memory?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskMobilesMobile Phone
17 Comments
wileyfox.com/sky…dle

• 16 MP Primary camera, 8 MP Front camera
  • Android Pay . Dual Sim
  • 32 GB ROM + 3 GB RAM
  • FREE Case.
  • FREE Screen Replacement
  • Next Day Delivery
  • NFC and Android Pay
Edited by: "davewave" 2nd Aug 2017
davewave28 m ago

https://www.wileyfox.com/sky-swift-2-plus-bundle16 MP Primary camera, 8 MP …https://www.wileyfox.com/sky-swift-2-plus-bundle16 MP Primary camera, 8 MP Front cameraAndroid Pay . Dual Sim32 GB ROM + 3 GB RAMFREE Case.FREE Screen ReplacementNext Day DeliveryNFC and Android Pay

I have been tempted but it's an unknown brand...
superfreddy9 m ago

I have been tempted but it's an unknown brand...

it isnt an unknown brand tbh, I bought one a month ago and can recommend it. I had a Xiaomi Redmi 3s and find this far better.

Wileyfox is a British smartphone manufacturer founded in 2015.

Wileyfox aims to provide products that are more affordable than their competitors, whilst not compromising on quality.[1] The company claims that by having a smaller workforce and with no legacy devices to support, they’re able to sell Wileyfox devices for lower prices.[citation needed] Wileyfox stated that the commoditisation of hardware will enable them to differentiate its products from competitors using other Android derivates or iOS.

Wileyfox's CEO, Mike Coombes, has worked for sales divisions at HTC and Nokia, and CMO Naeem Walji.[citation needed]
davewave9 m ago

it isnt an unknown brand tbh, I bought one a month ago and can recommend …it isnt an unknown brand tbh, I bought one a month ago and can recommend it. I had a Xiaomi Redmi 3s and find this far better.Wileyfox is a British smartphone manufacturer founded in 2015.Wileyfox aims to provide products that are more affordable than their competitors, whilst not compromising on quality.[1] The company claims that by having a smaller workforce and with no legacy devices to support, they’re able to sell Wileyfox devices for lower prices.[citation needed] Wileyfox stated that the commoditisation of hardware will enable them to differentiate its products from competitors using other Android derivates or iOS.Wileyfox's CEO, Mike Coombes, has worked for sales divisions at HTC and Nokia, and CMO Naeem Walji.[citation needed]

No one I know has one or has heard of them...
superfreddy45 m ago

No one I know has one or has heard of them...

fair enough, its not Samsung/Apple/HTC etc but you are looking for a non-obvious option.
For example. You see what you get with moto G5 plus money? Purchase it via tcb you get 7.87% cashback.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 2nd Aug 2017
I'm going for the Nokia 6
So your going for a SD430 CPU for £200 over last year flagship SD820?? The Nokia 6 is worst value than the moto G5 plus, at least that comes with SD625.
RiverDragon81 h, 17 m ago

So your going for a SD430 CPU for £200 over last year flagship SD820?? The …So your going for a SD430 CPU for £200 over last year flagship SD820?? The Nokia 6 is worst value than the moto G5 plus, at least that comes with SD625.

There's also design to think of. I'm not keen on the Moto G5 design, I don't want a chinese phone either.

Some people want SD820, depends if you need it or not.
Unsure why you wouldn't want to get the best for your money but it is your money. Good luck.
bynouk1 m ago

Unsure why you wouldn't want to get the best for your money but it is …Unsure why you wouldn't want to get the best for your money but it is your money. Good luck.

It was £189, so I sold the £10 sim card to a friend - £179 in total.

Apart from a chinese phone with no branding and no UK warranty I can't see what mobile I could get that beats this for £179...
If you're happy spending £189 on a budget phone (that deal should've been minus °C) then I'm happy for you. I'm happy with my Xiaomi phone (China biggest phone maker) that I bought for £128. Just because you've never heard of a brand doesn't mean they're not good.
RiverDragon810 m ago

If you're happy spending £189 on a budget phone (that deal should've been …If you're happy spending £189 on a budget phone (that deal should've been minus °C) then I'm happy for you. I'm happy with my Xiaomi phone (China biggest phone maker) that I bought for £128. Just because you've never heard of a brand doesn't mean they're not good.

It's a mid range phone and it's very fast. I'd rather have this than something from China that I've not heard of and that'll not really have a warranty.
That Nokia 6 has a SD430 which is budget CPU. SD625 in the moto G5 Plus is a mid range CPU. You paid £189 for an overpriced budget phone (your're paying more for less) click. That Nokia 6 deal was voted hot by the hukd sheep community.
RiverDragon813 m ago

That Nokia 6 has a SD430 which is budget CPU. SD625 in the moto G5 Plus is …That Nokia 6 has a SD430 which is budget CPU. SD625 in the moto G5 Plus is a mid range CPU. You paid £189 for an overpriced budget phone (your're paying more for less) click. That Nokia 6 deal was voted hot by the hukd sheep community.

I had the standard Moto G5 so this is still a slight improvement with added extras I wanted.

If you can tell me where I can get a phone which offers the 625 for less than the £179 I paid, which isn't a Chinese phone, and has a modern design I like, then go for it, but I don't see how I'm paying more for less
Edited by: "superfreddy" 3rd Aug 2017
You paid £189 for a BUDGET PHONE how do you not see that?? Your Moto G5 has the same CPU (SD430), the reason you see a slight improvement is because the Nokia has 4GB RAM instead of 3GB.
£189 for a budget phone?? ermmm no. That Nokia 6 deal that was posted should've been voted cold. The only reason you bought that phone is because no one advised you not to click.
If you're happy with your phone then it's all good.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 3rd Aug 2017
RiverDragon811 m ago

You paid £189 for a BUDGET PHONE how do you not see that?? Your Moto G5 …You paid £189 for a BUDGET PHONE how do you not see that?? Your Moto G5 has the same CPU (SD430), the reason you see a slight improvement is because the Nokia has 4GB RAM instead of 3GB. £189 for a budget phone?? ermmm no. That Nokia 6 deal that was posted should've been voted cold. The only reason you bought that phone is because no one advised you not to click.If you're happy with your phone then it's all good.

Can you answer the above question then?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions