Which mobile phone companies ask for a deposit for contract plans

Found 10th May 2012
As i am a student with no credit history i keep getting rejected for the mobile phone contracts with a handset that i try and apply for online. Does anyone know which mobile phone companies offer you the option to pay a deposit in order to get the contract if you fail a credit check and will going in store help? (Even though instore deals are terrible compared to online) thanks.

11 Comments

o2 minimum £100 deposit
try via dialaphone cheers
Edited by: "ather7851" 10th May 2012

Banned

Tried giving a fake name and other details?

Each time you fail a credit check it will reduce your credit rating.
If I was you I would think about going on payg and increasing your credit rating, going in-store and explaining the situation to eg. o2 or if your parents are happy to, for the contract to go in their name and the direct debit comes out of your bank at the end of the month.

BTW, when you say student, how old are you? Are you living away from home? Is the address you are listing on your application the same address your bank accounts are listed at? How long have you been living there? All these things affect your application.

t-mobile does 100 deposit as well..
you can get sim-only contracts without passing credit rating easily imo. i'd recommend getting a sim-free handset and then getting a sim-only contract.

Original Poster

Yeah i've changed my debit card details to my parents home address and used that but still had the same problems. 02 turned me down and the guy on the phone said i couldn't reapply with them for at least 3 months now.

I'm 20 and live in halls but put that i live at home with parents.

I've just applied for the galaxy s2 £18 per month deal with talkmobile through e2save, i've heard they ask for a £100 deposit so i might have some luck with them.

I got my contract with T-Mobile without a deposit and I'm only 19, so I'd try them if I were you.
Edited by: "SpeedJunkie" 10th May 2012

sickly sweet

Each time you fail a credit check it will reduce your credit rating.If I … Each time you fail a credit check it will reduce your credit rating.If I was you I would think about going on payg and increasing your credit rating, going in-store and explaining the situation to eg. o2 or if your parents are happy to, for the contract to go in their name and the direct debit comes out of your bank at the end of the month.

that wouldn't improve his credit rating. I also don't think they can legally take money from a bank account in anyones name but the contract holders.

If you go to somewhere like the CPW they can check all the networks for you in one go to see what you can be offered, this will result in one check rather than multiple.

Either or try somewhere like this Guaranteed Phone Contracts , I dont have any experience of using them mind so would look for some reviews.
Edited by: "ZedEx" 10th May 2012

Banned

Talk mobile, very easy. £100 deposit.

On the tesco sim only deal they don't do a credit check on that, but if you want the contract with a phone then they do .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants