Which mobile phone to buy? Limit £450

19 replies
Found 29th Sep 2016
I'm looking for something better than my current phone (LG G4) and not from LG (Had 2 LG G4's get the bootloop issue, so I'd rather not have the LG G5) or apple.

I'd like a phone that has the following features:

- Same or better processor than LG G4

- Fingerprint

- Type C

- Screen size: Min 5", Max 5.8"

- Resolution: Atleast 1080p

- Doesn't get too hot when in use

Interested in the New Google Pixel phones too.

19 Comments

z5 premium. awesome. period

plus it's £230 from a deal posted on here..

OnePlus 3 excellent value for the money all the specs you require, plus you would get £120 change.
Edited by: "Sprograt" 29th Sep 2016

Original Poster

Sprograt

OnePlus 3 excellent value for the money all the specs you require, plus … OnePlus 3 excellent value for the money all the specs you require, plus you would £120 change.

Treboeth

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6901&idPhone2=7995oneplus 3

What's the best place to buy a One Plus 3? I normally get my phones from amazon, but they don't sell them. I'l need a quick delivery time too, if possible.

Sprograt

OnePlus 3 excellent value for the money all the specs you require, plus … OnePlus 3 excellent value for the money all the specs you require, plus you would £120 change.

Treboeth

hotukdeals.com/dea…617 quick

Sprograt

Treboeth

OnePlus themselves, I don't know whether it's still on back order though, oneplus.net/uk/3

Original Poster

Treboeth

https://oneplus.net/uk/3 cheaper

Sprograt

Treboeth

Ships within 4 weeks for Graphite, although Soft Gold says 7 days. Are they good with repairs? LG took around 2 months just to fix the bootloop issue for my LG G4.

Edited by: "Brocily" 29th Sep 2016

Brocily

Ships within 4 weeks for Graphite, although Soft Gold says 7 days. Are … Ships within 4 weeks for Graphite, although Soft Gold says 7 days. Are they good with repairs? LG took around 2 months just to fix the bootloop issue for my LG G4.

I've had the OPO, OP2 and the OP3 I never had any problems of any type so as for the repairs I couldn't tell you, some people have said that they have had problems but it must be the same as most mobile phone brands. If you bought it I don't think you would be disappointed, the only thing that I think it should of had was a 2K screen but the 1080 screen is fine.

Original Poster

Sprograt

I've had the OPO, OP2 and the OP3 I never had any problems of any type so … I've had the OPO, OP2 and the OP3 I never had any problems of any type so as for the repairs I couldn't tell you, some people have said that they have had problems but it must be the same as most mobile phone brands. If you bought it I don't think you would be disappointed, the only thing that I think it should of had was a 2K screen but the 1080 screen is fine.

Thank you, I'll go for it! As for the resolution I'm not too fussed, 1080p is fine for me, I prefer the extra battery life.

Much appreciated.

Brocily

Thank you, I'll go for it! As for the resolution I'm not too fussed, … Thank you, I'll go for it! As for the resolution I'm not too fussed, 1080p is fine for me, I prefer the extra battery life. :)Much appreciated.

I'm getting 5 and a half hours plus SOT and the dash charging is a god send 0% to 60% in 30 mins.

Original Poster

Sprograt

I'm getting 5 and a half hours plus SOT and the dash charging is a god … I'm getting 5 and a half hours plus SOT and the dash charging is a god send 0% to 60% in 30 mins.

Does the dash charge affect battery life over time? I've heard charging a battery quickly shortens its life expectancy.

literally ditched my lg g4 week ago cause can only run custom roms cuase of bootloop

using note4 now, 200£ refurb ebay

whelan189

literally ditched my lg g4 week ago cause can only run custom roms cuase … literally ditched my lg g4 week ago cause can only run custom roms cuase of bootloopusing note4 now, 200£ refurb ebay

​how was ur G4 on battery etc?

Brocily

Does the dash charge affect battery life over time? I've heard charging a … Does the dash charge affect battery life over time? I've heard charging a battery quickly shortens its life expectancy.

​I don't know whether the dash charge feature reduces the battery life but you could always use the USB C cable you get with the OP3 and use or buy a 1 or 2 amp charger block to charge the phone but it would take longer to charge it.

Original Poster

Sprograt

​I don't know whether the dash charge feature reduces the battery life b … ​I don't know whether the dash charge feature reduces the battery life but you could always use the USB C cable you get with the OP3 and use or buy a 1 or 2 amp charger block to charge the phone but it would take longer to charge it.

​Just ordered one, be here next week!

Original Poster

Sprograt

​I don't know whether the dash charge feature reduces the battery life b … ​I don't know whether the dash charge feature reduces the battery life but you could always use the USB C cable you get with the OP3 and use or buy a 1 or 2 amp charger block to charge the phone but it would take longer to charge it.

​Got the OP3, it's by far the best phone I've had. It doesn't even get hot after long uses. My G4 was untouchable and felt like it was melting.

The battery lasts so much longer thanks to the 1080p screen. It hasn't lagged once.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

Brocily

​Got the OP3, it's by far the best phone I've had. It doesn't even get h … ​Got the OP3, it's by far the best phone I've had. It doesn't even get hot after long uses. My G4 was untouchable and felt like it was melting.The battery lasts so much longer thanks to the 1080p screen. It hasn't lagged once.Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

I glad you are happy with it, I told you you would like it, its the best phone I have ever bought.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564066
    2. Leicester sack their manager!812
    3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710972
    4. IGN have acquired Humble Bundle1011

See more discussions