Groups

Which mobile: S7, Pixel or huawei p9

My upgrade is due with EE, I'm interested in upgrading to either S7 (not edge), Pixel or Huawei P9.

I know the phones are equipped with finger sensor, NFC, good camera and at least 3G RAM which is what I'm after.
    Apart from those features what so unique about these phones that would win me over.

Also when is the latest OS being released for S7 and Huawei?

13 Comments

Banned

iPhone 7 plus

The Pixel is the newest of the bunch and has a good camera, otherwise the Galaxy S7. The P9 is good, but more like a high midrange model than a flagship.

If the price is the same it would be a pixel every time

Iphone or pixel.

S8 is due out in a month or so. best to wait and make it decision then. also S7 will then drop in price.

Original Poster

spencer24

If the price is the same it would be a pixel every time

Price is the same for all 3

Original Poster

shorty1892

S8 is due out in a month or so. best to wait and make it decision then. … S8 is due out in a month or so. best to wait and make it decision then. also S7 will then drop in price.

When is s8 due?

shorty1892

S8 is due out in a month or so. best to wait and make it decision then. … S8 is due out in a month or so. best to wait and make it decision then. also S7 will then drop in price.

Just about to say the same thing from history you're looking at March/April for the launch of the S8, then the S7 will drop in price, so if you choose that just wait a bit longer for a better bargain.

Previous Galaxy release dates :

Galaxy S7 release date – March 11, 2016
    Galaxy S6 release date – April 20, 2015
    Galaxy S5 release date – April 11, 2014
    Galaxy S4 release date – April 27, 2013
    Galaxy S3 release date – May 29, 2012
    Galaxy S2 release date – May 2, 2011
    Galaxy S release date – June 4, 2010

rimalpatel007

When is s8 due?

​Next few months. Rumours of an April launch. P9 will be the cheapest of the bunch, Pixel the most expensive. S7 is a good mid point right now. Pixel will be a bit more future proof of the 3 right now (updates to latest Android first). All depends on how much you want to spend.

I have a P9. Had to stick Google launcher on it to get the feel I wanted. SD card slot available up to 128GB (iirc). Solid battery, great camera. Got mine like new from O2 for£200... Phones that don't have sdcard or me off...

p9 is a really nice phone. havent used the pixel, think its better though

Had a P9 from O2 for £192 recently. Nicely made phone but the software annoyed me - too many notification nags and inconsistent bugs and peculiarities - camera was OK, battery life pretty good.

Having owned a Nexus 6P on 7.1 I'd say go for the Pixel in 128GB variant and you'll be happy for a long while - the 6P had a fabulous camera (and the Pixel is even better by all accounts). SD card slots are fine if you're into that but overall fast, fixed storage makes life a lot simpler if you ask me - particularly coupled with the unlimited photo and video storage included with the Pixel.

S7 is a nice phone but I think the Pixel is by far the best of that bunch right now, all things considered.

Original Poster

Thanks for the comment, went to for the pixel. Amazing phone, specs, camera and OS.
    Went for the 32gb model and after installing my fav apps I have ever left 20gb storage left!!! Maybe I should have gone with 128gb model...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1315
      2. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?33
      3. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      4. Biscuit addiction1231

See more discussions