Expired

Which mobile SIM to go for after Giffgaff

Found 22nd Nov 2017
Hi, I want to ask which company I should move to after Giffgaff,

The reasons for changing are that, the service is slow, horrible and it just seems to have become expensive compared to the competition. Text messages take a long time to go through, and I would often get repeat messages. As well as losing signal in random places too. So anything slightly better, will be a big improvement.

I prefer to stay on pay as you go and I don't mind changing my number.

I've looked at SMARTY mobile and Plusnet, but I'm not sure which one is better.

Also do you think there would be pay as you go deals this Black Friday on any of the big networks?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
I was on giffgaff, and moved to EE/BT Mobile, and have had perfect signal ever since!
Have you looked at Three? They have some cracking deals and the coverage is great too.
Go for the network that has good coverage in your area. Don't sign up to a brilliant deal and then ask here how you can get out of the new contact because you can't get a signal. What your saying is the 02 network,that's tesco mobile, giffgaff and 02 has poor coverage in your area. I'm on tesco mobile at £11pm.. 4 gig of data. 1500 mins and unlimited text.. Dose me although I have seen better deals.
Edited by: "wayners" 22nd Nov 2017
wayners8 h, 34 m ago

Go for the network that has good coverage in your area. Don't sign up to a …Go for the network that has good coverage in your area. Don't sign up to a brilliant deal and then ask here how you can get out of the new contact because you can't get a signal. What your saying is the 02 network,that's tesco mobile, giffgaff and 02 has poor coverage in your area. I'm on tesco mobile at £11pm.. 4 gig of data. 1500 mins and unlimited text.. Dose me although I have seen better deals.

Yes you're right, in my area I have to avoid O2 based networks. I do travel around the UK quite abit, but Giffgaff has been the same no matter the location. I am leaning towards SMARTY, due to it seeming devent and cheaper.
mrty9 h, 45 m ago

Have you looked at Three? They have some cracking deals and the coverage …Have you looked at Three? They have some cracking deals and the coverage is great too.

Is this on contract, I'm aware that in a few hours Three will have deals. But I'm confused as to what 1 months contract means as I've never been on contract before. I've stayed on Pay As You Go ever since I've had phone from 2004. Do you think the deals would be worth it, compared to PAYG? I do use alot of data when travelling (approx 3-6gb)
I've travelled from Falmouth to Liverpool this year and never had any signal problems with 02. Get away from built up areas and 4g drops out and I only get H & H+... Your not using an old phone are you that's playing up Or putting phone in a case that's blocking signal?
arjanvirdi22nd Nov 2017

I was on giffgaff, and moved to EE/BT Mobile, and have had perfect signal …I was on giffgaff, and moved to EE/BT Mobile, and have had perfect signal ever since!

I moved from EE to Giffgaff and have had a excellent signal ever since!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants