Groups

Which monitor should I buy?

Banned
    Dell 24" for £199
    accessories.euro.dell.com/sna…695
    or
    Hanns-G 28" for £269
    novatech.co.uk/nov…28D

I'm opening a canvas and personalised gifts printing business online and need a decent monitor that's pretty big but can't decide between these two....anyone help me decide?

thanks

5 Comments

Dell will be better quality, personally I would go for that.

Also noticed no DVI input on the 28" only VGA and HDMI, although it does have a DVI to HDMI cable with it, but seems an odd thing to have, Meh! maybe just me

Dell.................

Celticsun;3204445

Also noticed no DVI input on the 28" only VGA and HDMI, although it does … Also noticed no DVI input on the 28" only VGA and HDMI, although it does have a DVI to HDMI cable with it, but seems an odd thing to have, Meh! maybe just me

DVI-equipped monitors of 19" or over diagonal assembled outside the EU are subject to a tax which is why there's been a few that use HDMI instead recently.

I wouldn't touch either if you need perfectly colours as they're both TNs so you're going to get vetical colour gradients.

Apart from that I'd say it's down to personal preference, the lower density of the 28" will be an advantage if you want it a way away at the edge of your desk but a disadvantage if it's up close as you'll have to look around more.

Out of those two i would avoid the dell.
    due to the none standard 1080 pc resolution. if its being used as a monitor

sven256;3205377

Out of those two i would avoid the dell.due to the none standard 1080 pc … Out of those two i would avoid the dell.due to the none standard 1080 pc resolution. if its being used as a monitor

That's only really going to be an issue with fullscreen programs, anything else is either going to cope fine with any aspect ratio (because you can effectively resize them to any when not maximised) or not matter but it only fills a small fraction of the screen at it's largest.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
      2. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33

See more discussions