Groups

WHich monitor to choose

Thinking of changing my monitor and getting a bigger one with better viewing angles as the one I have is TN 21 inch and when watching movies from bed the colours are distorted.
    Will be using monitor for a bit of everything. Gaming, watching movies, browsing. Narrowed it to these ones but don't know which one to pick. A suggestion would be helpful.

Samsung C27F390 27 inch curved VA 4ms @£162
    argos.co.uk/pro…005

Acer R271BMID 27 inch IPS 4ms @£160
    argos.co.uk/pro…538

Samsung C24F390 24 curved inch VA [email protected]
    argos.co.uk/pro…990

Acer K272HL 27 inch VA 6ms @£122
    argos.co.uk/pro…494

7 Comments

The acer IPS panel from them ones imo.

Samsung 27 is 179.99 on Argos now. too much for a 1080p display.

Original Poster

I wrote the prices I can get the monitor for. 10% discount for employees.
    Love the narrow bezel on the Acer. Love the curve on the Samsung. And the last 2 are just good value.

I would go for the IPS Acer, will be best for viewing angles

Not many sites run decent viewing angle tests (along the lines of the ones rtings does for TVs). A lot of the behaviour is dependant on panel quality and coating rather than just type so it's difficult to tell.

Which angle is your bed at? Horizontal and vertical viewing angle behaviour is quite different so if it's above/below then the best choice will be something else than if it's the same height but off to one side.

Just bought Acer RT270 (IPS) this week Ebuyer £169 delivered absolutely marvelous.The whites are brilliant although 4 hours later they had increased to £249.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Recommend a free reminder app1015
      2. Decent hoover22
      3. Do you turn clothes inside out before washing?1722
      4. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment55

See more discussions