Found 25th Mar 2009
Im looking at the ipod shuffle atm the newest one or the one before. Are there any others around. It must be a reputable brand also a small size.

Have a iphone 3g atm but battery isnt all that and plus i cant be bothered with taking it out each time i wana change tracks.

Regarding size wise 1gb is the minimum and 4gb is the max.

24 Comments

Original Poster

At the moment looking ipod shuffle, sony NWZ-B135 , creative stone...

I have a sony, I love it...it was £95 from Amazon, 16gb. I dont like Ipod

I didn't like the ipod shuffle as there's no screen, no way of knowing when the battery is flat etc.

I got a philips one like ]this for the gym, its fine.

Original Poster

Dont like the look of that philips, thank you though.

amazon.co.uk/Son…1-1 ive got this, I paid £95 from them few months back

MarzBarz;4737489

Dont like the look of that philips, thank you though.

No worries, I just wanted something small, looks big in that pik, but it's only about an inch and a half square.

On the new ipod shuffle.. the controls are the headphone wire, something I will always avoid, I had an mp3 player like that and when the headphone broke I couldn't find anywhere to replace them grrrr lol

Original Poster

dont really want that. Need something just for songs, not photos or videos.

Original Poster

repped evry1

if you want something small id for for the creative one

i had the same problem with the iphone 3g ... didnt want to attract attention with the big screen and all. so i got an ipod shuffle 1g from 02 £13.46 thanks to ]hukd. it's small, clips well, and great for my journeys on public transport. simple click, few songs, easy to use with itunes.
http://imshopping.rediff.com/pixs/productsearch/product_images/mp3_player/Apple_i-Pod%2520shuffle%2520(1GB).jpg

the other mp3 i had was the sony walkman but it doesnt let me load songs on a mac - we only have mac at home here so it is a mission everytime to ask my friend to do the cds to put onto the the sony).

http://www.MobileWhack.com/images/sony-walkman-thumb.jpg

Original Poster

I saw that deal but didnt bother as my o2 shop dont seem to deal in ipods. Thanks though

You can't go wrong with the sansa clip amazon.co.uk/exe…OLE
It's probably available cheaper elsewhere.

you could get the 2gig version tomorrow at agros for less than 25 quid argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Original Poster

hmmm thanks leefal doesnt look very nice though right? repped though.

The Sony one which Kippy has got a pic of is good, transferring songs is a pain but a software out which makes it "Drag & Drop" but the battery life is excellent!! I use it in gym for like 3 hours a day and lasts more than a week!

zen stone

change tracks by feel alone

very instinctive

flip between tracks or folders dead easy

plus a little speaker if you don't want to use hedphones

tenner from morrisons instore for a 1gig.

hotukdeals.com/for…873

MarzBarz;4738124

I saw that deal but didnt bother as my o2 shop dont seem to deal in … I saw that deal but didnt bother as my o2 shop dont seem to deal in ipods. Thanks though

marzbars - neither did my o2 shop ... it was just phones, i just asked one of the people and she just took it out from the back room.

oh and a colleague at my office has the sansa. it's ok but for his birthday next week, i got him the same ipod shuffle (bought a 2nd one) and something else to share with other colleagues - perfect! when i wore my shuffle today i noticed his eyes darted to it ... hehehe, he's going to be chuffed.

Naeem786;4738210

The Sony one which Kippy has got a pic of is good, transferring songs is … The Sony one which Kippy has got a pic of is good, transferring songs is a pain but a software out which makes it "Drag & Drop" but the battery life is excellent!! I use it in gym for like 3 hours a day and lasts more than a week!

what's that software - can it work on the mac?

Original Poster

kippy;4738472

marzbars - neither did my o2 shop ... it was just phones, i just asked … marzbars - neither did my o2 shop ... it was just phones, i just asked one of the people and she just took it out from the back room.

oh right ill phone em up tomorow. Thanks again.

kippy;4738476

what's that software - can it work on the mac?

drvoid.com/

Try it worth a shot as I use it with Vista so dont know Sorry!

Its freezes up sometimes when transferring but way better than the original software!

MarzBarz;4738181

hmmm thanks leefal doesnt look very nice though right? repped though.

Oh, you're one those people. Honestly, the thing is going to be sitting in your pocket most of the time and it's great sounding and not just for the price.

Original Poster

leefal;4738537

Oh, you're one those people. Honestly, the thing is going to be sitting … Oh, you're one those people. Honestly, the thing is going to be sitting in your pocket most of the time and it's great sounding and not just for the price.

:oops: lol erm its gota look nice though.

Naeem786;4738512

http://www.drvoid.com/Try it worth a shot as I use it with Vista so dont … http://www.drvoid.com/Try it worth a shot as I use it with Vista so dont know Sorry! :)Its freezes up sometimes when transferring but way better than the original software!

thanks! will try it after the Apprentice and post update for mac users

hmm has an .exe file ...
trying this ilari.scheinin.fidisk.fi/itu…an/

---edit
shyeeeet - whole OH's music on the sony wiped out!! the mp3 player says "No database" even though i managed to sync some files.
uh oh ... tomorrow will be interesting with the OH ...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition68736
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…22
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions