Which M&S Food Goodies To Get?

When I signed up for Pet Insurance for my puppy, I forgot that they'd send me a £50 M&S gift card as part of the deal. It's recently been delivered, and I'm going to Carmarthen town tomorrow where's there's an M&S and I'm itching to spend it on some nice food.
I don't shop in M&S because I can't afford it, so I'd like some suggestions on what to treat me and the wife with.
Thank you very much.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

26 Comments

Biscuits are great

Scottish Heather Honey (only in stock sometimes)
Curry!

Original Poster

xbox360man

Biscuits are great

I'm not a big biscuit fan, but the wife is.
I will put a packet of biscuits on the list.

Original Poster

airbus330

Scottish Heather Honey (only in stock sometimes)Curry!

I don't like honey, but again, the wife loves it. I will put it on the list.
She's making out like a bandit so far.

If you like sweets, and aren't sick of them after Christmas! Or if you have little people, a good old bag of Percy Pigs. Delicious! My favourite sweets ever

Although the list we're starting to compile isn't going to make much in the way of a meal oO
Edited by: "itslindsho" 11th Jan

chinese boxed meal for 2 - £9.99 ( lovely if you like chinese)

chicken arabatta (chicken & pasta with mozerella)- £3
lamb hotpots (£3.50)
all pies are nice
key lime pie (yum)

go in as late as poss for reduced items too!

Original Poster

Added to the list are Percy Pigs and lamb hotpots.

Depends what you like really, their ready !meals are good, and they do a dine for 2 for a tenner, with a bottle of wine, though maybe not at the moment according to their website i always get reduced stuff when I shop there, so look at for the yellow stickers, they also start reducing pretty early on in the day, you might not save much, but it's OK for a treat. Best is to go and smooch around
Edited by: "LillyM" 11th Jan

Original Poster

LillyM

Depends what you like really, their ready !meals are good, and they do a … Depends what you like really, their ready !meals are good, and they do a dine for 2 for a tenner, with a bottle of wine, though maybe not at the moment according to their website i always get reduced stuff when I shop there, so look at for the yellow stickers, they also start reducing pretty early on in the day, you might not save much, but it's OK for a treat. Best is to go and smooch around

I remember having a Cumberland Pie from M&S, but this could have been 20 years ago. Do they still do them because I really enjoyed it.

Original Poster

SPERM14

WHAT A MORON YOU ARE BY NUTS AS YOUR WIFE IS A MONKEY

So do you have a suggestion or are you more of a 99p shop kind of guy?
Edited by: "chimp14uk" 11th Jan

chimp14uk

I remember having a Cumberland Pie from M&S, but this could have been 20 … I remember having a Cumberland Pie from M&S, but this could have been 20 years ago. Do they still do them because I really enjoyed it.

I don't know but they do nice pies though, lots of different ones, got lots of stuff reduced too, and if you the time to faff about before buying anything, get a sparks card, register it, and click on the 10% off on their healthy food ( could be anything, vegs, eggs, etc) as klong as it has a sunflower on the packaging you'll get money off, happy shopping!!

Original Poster

LillyM

I don't know but they do nice pies though, lots of different ones, got … I don't know but they do nice pies though, lots of different ones, got lots of stuff reduced too, and if you the time to faff about before buying anything, get a sparks card, register it, and click on the 10% off on their healthy food ( could be anything, vegs, eggs, etc) as klong as it has a sunflower on the packaging you'll get money off, happy shopping!!

A pie has been put on the list.

do you have a sparks card? you could get extra discount. The hot drinks from the café were BOGF this week, so my daughter and I enjoyed a treat.

the gastropub runny scotch eggs are lovely,

Original Poster

Happy H

do you have a sparks card? you could get extra discount. The hot drinks … do you have a sparks card? you could get extra discount. The hot drinks from the café were BOGF this week, so my daughter and I enjoyed a treat.

I don't have a sparks card as M&S isn't really local and I don't shop there. I will have a look in store though to see if I can save a couple of pennies.

Salted sticks. Those wee crisps shaped like a match sticks really thin ones may even be called chips theyre in a red pack best ever

hickory steak pizza yummy

Original Poster

123batman321

Salted sticks. Those wee crisps shaped like a match sticks really thin … Salted sticks. Those wee crisps shaped like a match sticks really thin ones may even be called chips theyre in a red pack best ever

Added to the list.

the meal for 2 £10 offer is often good (if its on) and you can get a bottle of wine included ,

I deem it absolutely vital that you try a bottle of their Buck's Fizz. It's the best I've ever tasted!

Lamb shank
Duck a l'orange
Belgian chocolate biscuit tin
White chocolate chip cookies
Sandwiches

Original Poster

squiff

I deem it absolutely vital that you try a bottle of their Buck's Fizz. … I deem it absolutely vital that you try a bottle of their Buck's Fizz. It's the best I've ever tasted!

On the list.

Original Poster

mutley1

Lamb shankDuck a l'orangeBelgian chocolate biscuit tinWhite chocolate … Lamb shankDuck a l'orangeBelgian chocolate biscuit tinWhite chocolate chip cookiesSandwiches

Duck ....... on the list.

chimp14uk

On the list.

Enjoy!

Personal favourites
Veggie pasta ready meals (blue labels), normally about £2.
Bubble and squeak, normally about £2 pop them in a frying pan on a hob or under the grill. Great in place of hashbrowns in a breakfast or as a veggie burger.

The Italian ready meal range is great, the fresh/packeted meats are the highest quality you'll get in a supermarket and some of the deserts are amazing.

They have lots of really good pasta (it's expensive, but for a nice meal you can tell the difference), they are one of the few places to sell pikelets and the beer and spirits range is good.

Oh and if you have a sweet tooth their chocolate chip shortbread (in the baker section) is down right amazing
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2238
    2. Nintendo Switch Game Cases22
    3. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    4. Electricity11

See more discussions