Which NAS for 4 camera CCTV system

Found 8th Dec 2017
Hello,

I purchased a sv3c and netgear gigabit Poe switch earlier in the year with the hopes of finally getting the CCTV system setup around the house. I've looked at various hikvision NVR systems and NAS solutions but I am still confused as this is a new field to me. I've seen that the QNAP 253a and Synology equivalent (maybe) come with 4 licences but do I need to spend £350 minus the harddrives to have a decent working setup of 4 cameras?
Are there any alternatives that I haven't seen? thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Did you ever get this working?
Been reading the reviews of the Sv3c on Amazon they seem really good.
Did you get the bullet or the Dome?
I bought the dome version of the camera and bench tested it so to speak. Seemed a very good camera for the money and is of a sturdy build. The only thing with the Amazon listings are that they seem to group the reviews for numerous items, so some reviews maybe for the POE switch etc.
mattu:
I bought the dome version of the camera and bench tested it so to speak. Seemed a very good camera for the money and is of a sturdy build. The only thing with the Amazon listings are that they seem to group the reviews for numerous items, so some reviews maybe for the POE switch etc.

Yeah I noticed that about the reviews bit crafty really.
I did fancy the bullet camera but read about the dome being better as birds seem to sit on the bullet camera lol
I can't seem to find what field of view you get with the dome as I want to be able to view my garden gate to my front door.
Would the dome attach to the wall of the house ? Or the soffit
I want to link one up to a NVR and view that way as well as a app are these suitable for that as I can't tell if it's just access through the app only.
sorry for all the questions lol
Yes, the cameras view point is defined by the opening size, it seemed to have a good field of view. You ideally need two cameras, one at head height to catch faces and one higher up for an area monitor. There are numerous ways to fit the dome, either directly to a wall or under a soffit. I believe they also do an arm that fits to the wall so you can have it proud of the building.
mattu8 h, 23 m ago

Yes, the cameras view point is defined by the opening size, it seemed to …Yes, the cameras view point is defined by the opening size, it seemed to have a good field of view. You ideally need two cameras, one at head height to catch faces and one higher up for an area monitor. There are numerous ways to fit the dome, either directly to a wall or under a soffit. I believe they also do an arm that fits to the wall so you can have it proud of the building.

Thanks still not decided if to get the Dome or bullet camera I presume the actual camera inside is the same.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants