Groups
    EXPIRED

Which netbook out of these 3?

Hi all, would appreciate a bit of help on this, am looking at getting a netbook, mainly for travel, email and internet. Narrowed it down to these 3

MSI WIND U100
    or
    SAMSUNG N310
    or
    ACER ASPIRE D250

Which would you go for? All advice and comment much appreciated!

9 Comments

we've got a D250 and it's pretty good - a wee bit plasticy but good size and weight and good LED screen. Still prefer my dell mini 9 though :-D

Hiya,
    None...... I'd go for the Acer Aspire 751H curently selling in Tesco for £269.99 and can be had online at various retailers for £259.99. Much better than the netbooks you have been looking at.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks NahThenLad, I did investigate that one, mostly becuse it was nicer and 11.6" where the other 3 are 10.1" and a good price. BUT I was put off by many reviewers saying how slow it was and that to improve this would need to remove programs, perhaps change OS etc and that is more than I really wanted to get involved with, but for the money, it is nice. I just think the slow operation might prove irritating. Thanks for taking the time to offer advice.:)

Thanks also to amidiamond and niallmoran too. Useful.:thumbsup:

Panda

I bought the U100 about a month ago and have been very happy with it. Paid £199 at Argos. Having said that if the Samsung is a similar price would probably go for that being a more well known make.

Panda714;7271923

Thanks NahThenLad, I did investigate that one, mostly becuse it was nicer … Thanks NahThenLad, I did investigate that one, mostly becuse it was nicer and 11.6" where the other 3 are 10.1" and a good price. BUT I was put off by many reviewers saying how slow it was and that to improve this would need to remove programs, perhaps change OS etc and that is more than I really wanted to get involved with, but for the money, it is nice. I just think the slow operation might prove irritating. Thanks for taking the time to offer advice.:)Thanks also to amidiamond and niallmoran too. Useful.:thumbsup:Panda

Ok.....I'd go for these as my 2nd choice....
    Asus Eee PC 1001HA - BLK007X Seashell / Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz / 1GB / 160GB / 10" / Windows XP / Netbook / Black 199.99 @ Play

I'd stay away from the Toshiba NB100..That netbooks a joke, I ve seen bigger & better cash register screens

dcx_badass;7272793

Not if you carry it around alot it isn't.I have an Acer Aspire One A150 … Not if you carry it around alot it isn't.I have an Acer Aspire One A150 and it's fantastic.

?? The 751H is still a netbook..Its still very light,small & easy to carry around and the screen @ 11.6" is alot better than struggling with a 8 to a 10" screen. :?

Out o fthe 3 the Acer would be the better build quality

I have Dell Mini 9 which in my opinion is of reasonable build quality, so I am guessing the Dell Mini 10's will be similar. Dell are popping them out @ 229 at the moment

dcx_badass;7277619

It isn't a netbook, one of the things that defines a netbook is not … It isn't a netbook, one of the things that defines a netbook is not having an optical drive, yours would be a notebook or a mini laptop.

So why are Acer saying it is a netbook & on loads of other websites they say its a netbook?? & I think you will find it does not have a optical drive[IMG]acerdirect.co.uk/ima…spx?id=33013&width=500&height=500[/IMG]

[IMG]acerdirect.co.uk/ima…spx?id=33012&width=500&height=500[/IMG]
    :thinking:

acerdirect.co.uk/Ace…asp
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Audi A4 2 Batteries and memory card issue47
      2. Washer Dryer33
      3. Anyone ever had a ginormous box from amazon with virtually nothing inside?69
      4. What is the best android phone used under £50 for Whatsapp?11

See more discussions