which netbook should i get to use XP and snowleopard?

4 replies
Found 8th Sep 2010
hi all,

i would like to get a netbook to run snow leopard and ideally XP as well.

I have my macbook pro but i need something smaller and lighter. It will be used for email checking and iplayer, youtube etc.

Anyone know which works best with snowleopard?

Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Netbook
4 Comments

Dell Mini 10v is the best, but it has to be the "v" version

ArrBee

Dell Mini 10v is the best, but it has to be the "v" version

The Dell Mini 1012 can run Mac OS X but it won't have all of the bells and whistles, as the graphics card isn't standard hardware for the OS and requires a couple of files to address (from what I've been told).

You might want to consider checking out this compatibility chart, which shows you which netbooks are fully compatible with Mac OS X - you might want to consider though purchasing a netbook with a 11.6" screen, as the 10" screens can be a bit of a pain after a while but it's all down to your personal requirements.

Mac OS X Netbook Compatibility Chart
mymacnetbook.com/com…rt/

Scotty Boy

The Dell Mini 1012 can run Mac OS X but it won't have all of the bells … The Dell Mini 1012 can run Mac OS X but it won't have all of the bells and whistles, as the graphics card isn't standard hardware for the OS and requires a couple of files to address (from what I've been told).You might want to consider checking out this compatibility chart, which shows you which netbooks are fully compatible with Mac OS X - you might want to consider though purchasing a netbook with a 11.6" screen, as the 10" screens can be a bit of a pain after a while but it's all down to your personal requirements.Like I said the Dell mini 10v doesn't have any problems and is a netbook and ideal for what was requested. I never mentioned the dell mini 1012. Mac OS X Netbook Compatibility Charthttp://www.mymacnetbook.com/compatibility-chart/

Edited by: "ArrBee" 8th Sep 2010

ArrBee

Like I said the Dell mini 10v doesn't have any problems and is a netbook … Like I said the Dell mini 10v doesn't have any problems and is a netbook and ideal for what was requested. I never mentioned the dell mini 1012.

No probs, just thought you were excluding it from the mix.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247656
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    4. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11

See more discussions