Which New Release Smartphone Are You Most Looking Forward To This Year, And Why?

Expert (Beta) 58
Posted 14th JanEdited by:"MrSwitch"
Mi personally (see what I did there ) am looking forward to the Mi 10/Pro release, looks like another xiaomi winner, dependant on price of course.

But which are you looking forward to, and why?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
39672857-RCeEf.jpg
58 Comments
Xiaomi mi 10 / mi 10 pro
Looking FAST FORWARD TO iPhone 50 Pro...
39672857-RCeEf.jpg
I'd probably vote P40 Pro if it had google services
cartwheelbob14/01/2020 12:32

[Image]

Tbf, that looks insane, been well impressed with the battery life of my 855 note 10 plus this far.
Elbandito14/01/2020 12:33

I'd probably vote P40 Pro if it had google services

trump needs to sort his life out.
Galaxy Fold 2 (and any other new folding phones). Interested to see how the folding trend develops and whether it becomes mainstream or another passing fad.
seabs14/01/2020 12:47

Galaxy Fold 2 (and any other new folding phones). Interested to see how …Galaxy Fold 2 (and any other new folding phones). Interested to see how the folding trend develops and whether it becomes mainstream or another passing fad.

The "bloom" certainly looks interesting, be nice to see prices drop a smidgen though.
singhisking6814/01/2020 12:31

Looking FAST FORWARD TO iPhone 50 Pro...

Is that out usual time this year? Late Summer/ Early fall? Any info on spec/ price point?
S20 FTW
MrSwitch14/01/2020 12:50

The "bloom" certainly looks interesting, be nice to see prices drop a …The "bloom" certainly looks interesting, be nice to see prices drop a smidgen though.

Yeah, although I’m not convinced on the benefits of the clamshell design yet, i.e. smaller form factor in your pocket, is worth the premium in price. The Moto Razr will sell based on nostalgia rather than on its own merit.

The Microsoft Surface Duo looks interesting.
seabs14/01/2020 12:59

Yeah, although I’m not convinced on the benefits of the clamshell design y …Yeah, although I’m not convinced on the benefits of the clamshell design yet, i.e. smaller form factor in your pocket, is worth the premium in price. The Moto Razr will sell based on nostalgia rather than on its own merit. The Microsoft Surface Duo looks interesting.

Yeah it does, will it ever show its face though?

The razr looks good, but under specced and overpriced would put me off, at least the fold has specs to match (ish) the price.
Probably Oneplus 8t Pro. Not sure about 8 Pro as they're going back to screen cut out. I think they'll go back to all screen for 8t.
Boothatronanator14/01/2020 13:09

Probably Oneplus 8t Pro. Not sure about 8 Pro as they're going back to …Probably Oneplus 8t Pro. Not sure about 8 Pro as they're going back to screen cut out. I think they'll go back to all screen for 8t.

Do you prefer the pop up camera then, or is it just the notch free screen that appeals?
Hoping a new version of the mate 20x is released & the Google issue resolved
adamderak14/01/2020 13:15

Hoping a new version of the mate 20x is released & the Google issue …Hoping a new version of the mate 20x is released & the Google issue resolved

Now I get to see the real Adam. Good looking chap.
MrSwitch14/01/2020 13:10

Do you prefer the pop up camera then, or is it just the notch free screen …Do you prefer the pop up camera then, or is it just the notch free screen that appeals?

I'd prefer the pop up camera. Had no issues with mine on the 7 Pro.
Sony Xperia 5 pro/1.1 or whatever it will be called. Oled screen, no notch/hole punch, normal fingerprint scanner and a 3.5 mm jack!
Pixel 4a should be good. I liked the 3a a lot and the leaked design of the 4a makes it look a lot better than the 3a and the 4.

Other than that OnePlus make the best phones for me, although I'm not sure about them going from a pop up camera/ full screen to a punch hole. Seems like a step backwards but we will see.

Edit: also there are rumours of a budget "iPhone 9" coming out in March. Could be like another iPhone SE, another phone I thought was awesome at the time.
Edited by: "DirtyQwerty" 14th Jan
“Mi personally”

like what did there.

sadly have nothing more to add as you know I know diddly squat about phones and had to be guided yourself for my latest purchase.

Thanks for your help
Big fat bald Greek wedding, more Spanish than Greek actually....ssshhh that's well-kept secret 🤫

I'm only really looking forward to releasing my chest infection, can't look much further than that I'm afraid, I'm useless to this thread, as usual

...but can't deny there's some excitement building up for Pixel 4a, whatever that may be... I expect Sammy to keep ruling the roost at the top, Huawei disappearing in Europe which is great news for Xiaomi, 1+, Oppo etc (but bad for @adamderak ) & hopefully some good underdogs like Sony & LG clawing their way back, as they've got what it takes.

I expect rest of my fave brands, Motorola & Nokia, to up their game further

...not bad for a very sick man (literally)
Edited by: "xavierluther" 14th Jan
Anything that's not a Motorola g7 Power
chimp14uk14/01/2020 14:09

Anything that's not a Motorola g7 Power

Or moto in general, you haven't had much luck with moto recently have you?
xavierluther14/01/2020 14:06

Big fat bald Greek wedding, more Spanish than Greek actually....ssshhh …Big fat bald Greek wedding, more Spanish than Greek actually....ssshhh that's well-kept secret 🤫I'm only really looking forward to releasing my chest infection, can't look much further than that I'm afraid, I'm useless to this thread, as usual...but can't deny there's some excitement building up for Pixel 4a, whatever that may be... I expect Sammy to keep ruling the roost at the top, Huawei disappearing in Europe which is great news for Xiaomi, 1+, Oppo etc (but bad for @adamderak ) & hopefully some good underdogs like Sony & LG clawing their way back, as they've got what it takes.I expect rest of my fave brands, Motorola & Nokia, to up their game further...not bad for a very sick man (literally)

Aye, not bad indeed, nice insight into the mind of XL
iPhone 9 / SE2

Looks to be a smaller and more affordable yet up to date iPhone.
PhilKelix214/01/2020 14:17

iPhone 9 / SE2Looks to be a smaller and more affordable yet up to date …iPhone 9 / SE2Looks to be a smaller and more affordable yet up to date iPhone.

Got to admit, I'm pretty excited at iPhones offering this autumn.
MrSwitch14/01/2020 14:16

Aye, not bad indeed, nice insight into the mind of XL

Pretty twisted, but now I have the excuse of real, serious physical illness
MrSwitch14/01/2020 14:16

Or moto in general, you haven't had much luck with moto recently have you?

Moto in general tbh.
I can't believe that I bought the g7 after having problems with the g6. I must be thick as
xavierluther14/01/2020 14:18

Pretty twisted, but now I have the excuse of real, serious illness

Aww mate, get well soon, thought you hadn't been round much.
chimp14uk14/01/2020 14:18

Moto in general tbh.I can't believe that I bought the g7 after having …Moto in general tbh.I can't believe that I bought the g7 after having problems with the g6. I must be thick as

You'd have thought some of the issues you had may have been sorted on the 7 series. G8 plus next then?
MrSwitch14/01/2020 14:19

You'd have thought some of the issues you had may have been sorted on the …You'd have thought some of the issues you had may have been sorted on the 7 series. G8 plus next then?

That's exactly what I thought, but no.
I did read that they'd sorted out the problems with the Motos with the release of the g8, but I'll be staying well clear.
MrSwitch14/01/2020 14:18

Aww mate, get well soon, thought you hadn't been round much.

Just monitoring the Xperia 5 deal that you sparked in your wide bargain-quest, I just followed up on your steps like good disciple

Always an eye available for latest headphone deal, even in midst of fever... though storage space overwhelmed at home, little chance of biting
Interested to see what Asus might do for ROG 3. If they could do a tamed down 'non gamer specific' version with a decent camera, I'd be all over it.
xavierluther14/01/2020 14:06

Big fat bald Greek wedding, more Spanish than Greek actually....ssshhh …Big fat bald Greek wedding, more Spanish than Greek actually....ssshhh that's well-kept secret 🤫I'm only really looking forward to releasing my chest infection, can't look much further than that I'm afraid, I'm useless to this thread, as usual...but can't deny there's some excitement building up for Pixel 4a, whatever that may be... I expect Sammy to keep ruling the roost at the top, Huawei disappearing in Europe which is great news for Xiaomi, 1+, Oppo etc (but bad for @adamderak ) & hopefully some good underdogs like Sony & LG clawing their way back, as they've got what it takes.I expect rest of my fave brands, Motorola & Nokia, to up their game further...not bad for a very sick man (literally)

Nasty things chest infections. Devils curse innit Xavier. Take it easy and watch some decent telly
xavierluther14/01/2020 14:22

Just monitoring the Xperia 5 deal that you sparked in your wide …Just monitoring the Xperia 5 deal that you sparked in your wide bargain-quest, I just followed up on your steps like good discipleAlways an eye available for latest headphone deal, even in midst of fever... though storage space overwhelmed at home, little chance of biting

I can imagine. Update on the note 10 plus, battery life amazing, face unlock super fast, snappy 855 keeping things ticking nicely, s-pen coming in handy for screenshot etc. Things I do a lot of (as you can imagine)

Now using my trusty mate 20 x as a type of iPad mini, and am not going to sell it, best of both worlds, note 10 plus at work, mate 20 x at home.
chimp14uk14/01/2020 14:21

That's exactly what I thought, but no.I did read that they'd sorted out … That's exactly what I thought, but no.I did read that they'd sorted out the problems with the Motos with the release of the g8, but I'll be staying well clear.

So you're still currently using the G7?
chimp14uk14/01/2020 14:18

Moto in general tbh.I can't believe that I bought the g7 after having …Moto in general tbh.I can't believe that I bought the g7 after having problems with the g6. I must be thick as

...or very smart, as reviews raved about G7 family (no more mid-range models really needed from Motorola last year, just a distraction, marketing gimmick)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions