Which one Should I buy Sony Bravia /LG C9 /B9 /Q80R?

Posted 27th Nov
Rtings Best gaming tvs 2019

Hi guys, I am willing to buy 55in OLED and I have already chosen few below for future PS5 and their all have 5 years guarantee included from John Lewis.

but I would you guys opinions and experience with them! Screen burn etc..

**Sony Bravia** KD55AG8 (2019) OLED £1.299.00

**LG C9** OLED55C9PLA (2019) OLED £1.399.00

**LG B9** OLED55B9PLA (2019) £1.099.00

**Samsung** QE55Q80R (2019) £1.199.00
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
I would wait if its solely for the PS5, prices will have dropped by next November.
If you want it now and it has to be out of that list, the best value seems the B9.
Samsung sells different TVs under the same model number in different parts of the world so the Q80R that rtings in North America reviewed is closer to the European Q85R than the European Q80R.

It's also not an OLED, Samsung's model range consists of LCDs only.

But I wouldn't buy a TV for the PS5 until we know which VRR protocols it'll support, and which TVs support them too.
Donkii27/11/2019 15:46

I would wait if its solely for the PS5, prices will have dropped by next …I would wait if its solely for the PS5, prices will have dropped by next November.

To be honest I’d wait but this will replace my 10 years old Samsung 50 LCD TV in the living room. LG C9 support 2.1 according to LG but there is no 2.1 HDMI in the market to test it. Maybe it will get an update next year.

I’ll get w better tv for PS5 when the time comes, because we all know the first new tv gen aiming for Next gen gaming will eventually reduce pricing by mid 2021
EndlessWaves27/11/2019 16:44

Samsung sells different TVs under the same model number in different parts …Samsung sells different TVs under the same model number in different parts of the world so the Q80R that rtings in North America reviewed is closer to the European Q85R than the European Q80R. It's also not an OLED, Samsung's model range consists of LCDs only. But I wouldn't buy a TV for the PS5 until we know which VRR protocols it'll support, and which TVs support them too.

My mistake, I should said not all OLED
Danze198427/11/2019 16:37

If you want it now and it has to be out of that list, the best value seems …If you want it now and it has to be out of that list, the best value seems the B9.

Yeah but for £300 more I’m tempted to buy C9 because it’s the best tv out the market
GreatnessAwaits27/11/2019 16:49

Yeah but for £300 more I’m tempted to buy C9 because it’s the best tv out t …Yeah but for £300 more I’m tempted to buy C9 because it’s the best tv out the market

Except it’s not. The Panasonics are better. The E9 is better.
Danze198427/11/2019 17:21

Except it’s not. The Panasonics are better. The E9 is better.

Hmm, do you mind providing model numbers?
If you want HDMI 2.1 then you have answered your own question, C9.

You should checkout AVForums they have reviews for most of the new lines in TV's

avforums.com
Edited by: "4Real2016" 27th Nov
4Real201627/11/2019 17:33

If you want HDMI 2.1 then you have answered your own question, C9.You …If you want HDMI 2.1 then you have answered your own question, C9.You should checkout AVForums they have reviews for most of the new lines in TV'shttps://www.avforums.com

Thanks, I’ve made my final decision to purchase C9 for now and in the future I’ll get a better one.
none are future proof, in a years time when ps5 is out the tech will have improved or new features.... everyone will have there own opinion you have done the research and read the reviews buy what you think is best bang for buck to you, people want diffrent things out of a tv....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants