Groups
    EXPIRED

Which online shop sells contact lenses without the need to show (fax/email) the prescription?

Would appreciate some names... so far i can only find retailers which need proof of presciption?

ps- please no comments on prescription is important etc its for someone visting from abroad who needs some lenses and ovbiously they dont carry their presciption around when on holiday

thanks to anyone who can give me some shop names. thanks

14 Comments

looks to me like its illegal? cant they get a test here?

i think there are quite a few on quidco .... i had a look before & it just asked what your prescription is

I think Lensway offer this service without physically sending prescription.

lensway.co.uk/faq…jsp

HTH:)

Just to add, my husband ordered from them, no problem, using details from his prescription and they were alot cheaper than his local optician!

cheerleader;3140420

i think there are quite a few on quidco .... i had a look before & it … i think there are quite a few on quidco .... i had a look before & it just asked what your prescription is

y
    eh# then when you go to terms it says valid prescription they will confirm with prescriber:oops:

muppeto;3140421

I think Lensway offer this service without physically sending … I think Lensway offer this service without physically sending prescription.http://www.lensway.co.uk/faq.jspHTH:)Just to add, my husband ordered from them, no problem, using details from his prescription and they were alot cheaper than his local optician!

Yep lensway do. i ordered from there no problems, £3 quidco too.

i ordered some but the web page is saved on my pc at home, im at work on laptop, i will let you know tomorrow evening, they didnt ask for a prescription.

lensexpress.nl based in Holland. Used them before. No questions asked.

I use vision direct and have never had to show proof of prescription but u obviously need to know the prescription to get the correct strength lenses.They are a good company and lenses are cheap and they send quickly too

no prescription asked for by these people when i orderd mine.

contactlenses.co.uk/

Original Poster

thanks for the help guys

have left reps

thanks once again:thumbsup:

i've just tried VISION DIRECT - no questions asked, prescription is not required

The law is perfectly clear. If you are buying from a UK contact lens supplier they are obliged to check your prescription. If online you have to send it in by fax or with a scanned copy or they can contact your optician. Any reputable online supplier will do this (e.g. [url]www.postoptics.co.uk[/url] or [url]www.asda-contactlenses.co.uk[/url] ). Vision Direct have been prosecuted for not doing so - http:/********/crkfzh

That said, there is nothing to stop you buying from overseas from an unregulated market. Holland has a very clear policy - if you are really interested there is a long parliamentary answer by the Dutch Health Minister on why he thinks it unhelpful to lock-in consumers with opticians.

So, in an ideal world you should buy from Holland but make sure they have an English support line. I've looked around and have found at least two ([url]www.getlenses.nl[/url] and [url]www.lensway.nl[/url]). You will have to check which is cheaper but obviously there is an additional delivery charge involved.

Banned

have left reps

How?

Banned

toshapetriji

How?

The same way everyone else did?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3941603
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846337
    3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate34
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764606

See more discussions