Groups

Which Operating System?

Thanks to devalia. for starting this poll.

Please leave your comments below if you have any.

Thanks

10 Comments

I dual boot XP and Red Hat, as I've just started studying for my Red Hat Certified Technician exam :?

Lunar Linux, [url]www.lunar-linux.org[/url] is my primary OS

due to drivers I use windows on my laptop -- only to play music really these days!

I like my dual boot setup...

Mine came originally with WinME, I added XP Pro...

I find this is great as it not only ensures software compatability, it allows me to boot to a 'backdoor' system should my primary go AWOL on me...

sure beats sodding about with boot floppies etc to recover a system...

My other Main system (as I use them equally) is on XP Home (as it came)
    I have both setup in the same room, I simply whizz between them on my desk chair...

Ive never even heard of the dual boot system...

Just use Win Xp Pro..

Original Poster

LoneCrusader

I like my dual boot setup...Mine came originally with WinME, I added XP … I like my dual boot setup...Mine came originally with WinME, I added XP Pro...I find this is great as it not only ensures software compatability, it allows me to boot to a 'backdoor' system should my primary go AWOL on me... sure beats sodding about with boot floppies etc to recover a system... :DMy other Main system (as I use them equally) is on XP Home (as it came)I have both setup in the same room, I simply whizz between them on my desk chair...

Snap!

I have Win ME + XP Pro as dual boot on my main computer, for mainly the same reasons.

Although I need to format all + start again as I need a larger partition or drive for XP. Might just have to get a bigger secondary HDD.

I'm not sure yet what I want or what I can afford. Even thinking of building another one again next year.

Original Poster

kwar2002

Ive never even heard of the dual boot system...Just use Win Xp Pro..

Hi kwar2002

Dual boot is just something that allows you to use two operating systems on one PC. Like XP Pro with Windows 98 or others.

When you turn on your computer, instead of going straight to XP Pro, it would give you an option of using Win 98 or XP Pro during start-up.

Linux

this is a very old thread :whistling:

i'm on vista i think

Banned

Which Operating System?

7 comments

POSTED BY: rayman 3 years, 11 months ago

^^^^ damn!

btw Vista all the way,

superb to use in my opinion

Banned

Laptop currently no os on it at moment but originally was xp then scrubbed off to run ubuntu then scrubed off to run leo4all now looking to put xp back on and dual boot it with leo4all.

Pc i have ideneb v1.3 (hackintosh lepoard 10.5.5) and vista - mac osx as main and just press f8 and pic my vista drive and load vista when i need it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions