Groups

Which operating system are you currently using?

Which OS are you currently using?

16 Comments

Xp Pro here.

Linux on desktop though.

xp and mac

Original Poster

OSX Panther for me, use Tiger at work and I borrowed the disks to upgrade to Tiger but upon opening them I discovered they are DVD's and my old iMac only has a CD drive

I love the widgets on Tiger!

I have Windows XP Media Centre Edition:thumbsup:

XP pro with service pack 2 on both comps for me

Where's the Win2k option? I would be very surprised if more people were using NT than 2k.

Running Win2k Pro and Vista Business for my work machines, XP for my own machines.

John

XP Pro, soon to be upgraded to Vista Business (HP Free Upgrade jobby).

Original Poster

Johnmcl7

Where's the Win2k option? I would be very surprised if more people were … Where's the Win2k option? I would be very surprised if more people were using NT than 2k.Running Win2k Pro and Vista Business for my work machines, XP for my own machines.John

Sorry, my knowledge of non Apple operating systems is poor!

Any Admin/Mod reading this feel free to change the NT option to Win2K or just add it as an extra :oops:

Vista Home Premium

Where's the 2003 option

If every iteration of Windows and Mac OS and Linux were added the the result would end up pretty diluted, ME, Red Hat, System 7.6.1....

XP Pro

Nookster

If every iteration of Windows and Mac OS and Linux were added the the … If every iteration of Windows and Mac OS and Linux were added the the result would end up pretty diluted, ME, Red Hat, System 7.6.1....

True but as I said, I doubt anyone is using WinNT these days - it's no longer supported by Microsoft, the main reason for running it is legacy software. Windows 2000 is much the same as XP and still in widespread use for business.

John

Out of interest, my organisation is still completing it's NT - XP migration (Win2k got skipped), I got only got an XP system a few months back - finally. They don't like to adopt quickly!

So I'm XP at work, Tiger 10.4.9 at home, waiting for Leopard...

Much the same here, it was Win95 to Win2k, now they're skipping XP and going to Vista although I can't see the latter happening for a while yet.

John

Really needs to allow multiple choices everyone seems to be using more than one OS.

Windows 2000, WindowsXP and Ubuntu Linux are on my machines at the moment.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044574
      2. Giffgaff New goodybags33
      3. Santander - Compensation1617
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261378

See more discussions