Which paint is better- Dulux, Crown or another?

Found 27th Dec 2017
I’m about to tackle a house decorated in 1997 terracotta and hoping to pick up some paint in the sales but I’m not that experienced with paint. After a base of white to hide the terracotta I want to put something light on like a cream; which brand would be the better option, or are they the same?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Elmlea
Buy a cheap one and a good one like the ones you mention. You'll need at least 3 coats to cover that so make at least one of the cheap.
Both brands are owned by Akzo Nobel. They will be of similar quality. For emulsions I have always preferred Dulux.
I’ve renovated a few houses so tried a few different brands
I always go for a trade paint
Theyre more expensive but need less coats and therefore take less time
The Crown paint is far superior than others in my opinion
When I employed a decorator to paint my house, he quoted me different prices for different brands of paint. I asked him which would be recommend, and he said that crown is the best one to go for.

When I do any painting myself, I always go for dulux because of the dulux dog advert
Trim paint or walls and ceiling paints? Bathroom or kitchen? No one brand is best (That's not true) but £80 for under 4lt you won't want to pay.. Valspar trade white is good for ceilings. Valspar premium for walls. I don't touch dulux although they just changed the trade paints to lower the flashing (patches) hear mixed reports about it. UK is behind other countries with the quality of waterbased paints.
Edited by: "wayners" 27th Dec 2017
I like crown paint as it covers better and easier to use
Valspar is a good one from B &
Johnstone’s paint is very good and it’s reasonably priced too, recently I’ve found Dulux and Crown paints patchy and inconsistent both needing 2-3 coats to get good coverage it feels like they have watered down the paint or the pigment is of inferior quality compared to the same paint 5-8 years ago.
From personal experience I only use Dulux however not the Dulux from the shelf in b&q etc. If you go to a trade centre and get it made from there it is much better. That’s my experience personally.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants