which phone? S7 edge vs S8 vs oneplus 5

LocalFound 25th Jun 2017
can't cope any longer with my LG G4 battery but can't decide what phone to get.
S8 seems to be the best phone but as battery life is a big thing for me the S7 edge is in mind. The issue which the S7 edge is it still seems to be holding its price of you want it brand new.
S8 can be bought for the same price as the oneplus 5 (from Amazon italy) but will it's small battery and less ram make it fall behind the oneplus 5 over time. So many questions.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Community Updates
13 Comments
iv got the s8 and in my opinion it's amazing, and battery life is a lot better than my s6.
just buy a zero lemon battery for your g4. mine lasts for days on a single charge with constant use......and that's no lie.
I can't recommend the S8 at all. Games and apps hang, the auto correct and the keyboard in general is awful. Changed to Android after the IPhone 4 and 6 (previous to those Desire HD and Nokia N900) and this phone doesn't hold a candle to the messaging apps and email that iOS has. I'm seriously contemplating selling it at a loss and going back to my iPhone 6.
Mikey_b

I can't recommend the S8 at all. Games and apps hang, the auto correct … I can't recommend the S8 at all. Games and apps hang, the auto correct and the keyboard in general is awful. Changed to Android after the IPhone 4 and 6 (previous to those Desire HD and Nokia N900) and this phone doesn't hold a candle to the messaging apps and email that iOS has. I'm seriously contemplating selling it at a loss and going back to my iPhone 6.

​interesting. any idea if you can still get these?
I've got a S7 edge and love it,don't have any issues with lag etc,had it after my Nexus 6p had the dreaded battery issue
I've got the S7 best phone I've ever owned.
The g4 is a good phone. Just buy another battery
I'd go for the latest range twominus two plus three divided by four. Much better than the S8
Is good battery Life the only thing that you really need? you don't mention any other reqs.....
Lenovo P2 trounces everything else out there for battery life but it's no flagship phone with a midrange CPU on board and average quality camera....
but If the CPU and camera are good enough for your use you'd save a lot of money buying the P2....
truth is hard options one hand better display and bigger screen on s8. However one plus 5 is quicker charger, bigger battery, snapdragon 835 same as s8, a little worse then the s8 camera, dont have to deal with Bixby plus cheaper. However are you willing to sacrifice the bigger better screen? To go for the s7 is a bit old compared to the crazy amazing screen of s8 however its camera is unbelievable a little better in s8 (but not better to upgrade to s8 just based on its camera if you get me). One plus has finger scanner on front where as s8 is on back I've been told you get used to is. Let us know........
Thanks for everyone's help, all very useful. Still struggling to decide but think I'm staying towards S8 but have been looking at the HTC U11 which gets good reviews and two AI assistants which is interesting. not finding any good deals for that phone though
Love my s7 edge, upgrading to the s8 so will be selling it shortly for £250
Went for the S8 in the end. £500 from Amazon.it then got the three sim deal - 8GB for £12 (Was £15) 12 month SIM 600 minutes, tethering & all-you-can-eat texts. Use your allowances in 60 destinations worldwide.plan.(£55 cashback hopefully). 12 - (£55/12=4.58) = £7.41 per month
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants