Which phone to replace iphone xs

Posted 24th Jun 2020
This may have been asked before but I can’t find anything, so apologies if it has.
So my iPhone XS has recently became unrepairable and I ain’t paying £549 to get it fixed
So I’m looking for a new phone, much cheaper than that, that may be quite similar in spec to the iPhone? I don’t mind the Chinese phones etc, but there are just so many out there to choose from.
I’d like one with the same sort of speeds , hardware etc. I seen Xiaomi phones a lot, but I just don’t know anything about them .

If anyone could help it would be very appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Best bet is to filter down by exactly what you want from the specs....

What Screen size
Wireless charging yes/no/
What spec Camera
Battery Life
Colour
LCd or OLED screen
weight.

I wouldn't go any lower than a 7 Series Snapdragon CPU if you want similar performance to the XS

Once you have yourself a criteria then go on GSMArena website and start doing some comparisons.

Xiaomi offer a lot of handset for the money but so do Realme

Also have you not considered the iPhone SE 2?
Depends if you would switch to android or not
D3LL80Y24/06/2020 15:08

Depends if you would switch to android or not

The OP kinda answers that

" I don’t mind the Chinese phones etc, but there are just so many out there to choose from.
I’d like one with the same sort of speeds , hardware etc. I seen Xiaomi phones a lot, but I just don’t know anything about them ."
Uridium24/06/2020 15:33

The OP kinda answers that " I don’t mind the Chinese phones etc, but there …The OP kinda answers that " I don’t mind the Chinese phones etc, but there are just so many out there to choose from.I’d like one with the same sort of speeds , hardware etc. I seen Xiaomi phones a lot, but I just don’t know anything about them ."

Well kind of but many people i know changed and then didn’t like it. So it’s a case of knowing for sure(y)
Uridium24/06/2020 14:59

Best bet is to filter down by exactly what you want from the specs....What …Best bet is to filter down by exactly what you want from the specs....What Screen sizeWireless charging yes/no/What spec CameraBattery LifeColourLCd or OLED screenweight.I wouldn't go any lower than a 7 Series Snapdragon CPU if you want similar performance to the XSOnce you have yourself a criteria then go on GSMArena website and start doing some comparisons.Xiaomi offer a lot of handset for the money but so do RealmeAlso have you not considered the iPhone SE 2?

Ooh thanks so much for that. I noticed a realme 6 pro which has recently been released. It seems good specs but I could be here a while with all the other options. I just really want best value for money, quite similar to iPhone XS really. Not having an Oled screen doesn’t bother me, its more about the battery life, camera, screen size and speed of phone.
D3LL80Y24/06/2020 15:38

Well kind of but many people i know changed and then didn’t like it. So i …Well kind of but many people i know changed and then didn’t like it. So it’s a case of knowing for sure(y)

Yeah I get what you mean by this. I changed my phone a few years back and regretted it and went back to iPhone, but this time, I think if I can get a similar phone then I’ll be alright with it .. I hope
seen this on amazon refurb , amazon.co.uk/App…_15
if links not allowed please remove.
ag58624/06/2020 16:08

Yeah I get what you mean by this. I changed my phone a few years back and …Yeah I get what you mean by this. I changed my phone a few years back and regretted it and went back to iPhone, but this time, I think if I can get a similar phone then I’ll be alright with it .. I hope

I understand android specs are better on paper but the reality is that iOS is more reliable imo. Plus side by side flagship iphone challenges any phone. Apple just need to bring the 5G capability and i would like to see a bump in camera MP for better cropping or longer range shooting. I got 11 pro Max it’s great
ag58624/06/2020 16:08

Yeah I get what you mean by this. I changed my phone a few years back and …Yeah I get what you mean by this. I changed my phone a few years back and regretted it and went back to iPhone, but this time, I think if I can get a similar phone then I’ll be alright with it .. I hope

If you changed from IOS to Android a few years back and regretted it my bet is you will feel the same again this time around.

The tech from both has changed and generally improved side by side.
Iphone se2020 if you can live with single camera ,no face id and slightly smaller screen
I went from an Xs Max to a Xiaomi 7 - there was a good deal on here recently for a 256gb X' 9 so see if that is still available. They are very very good phones, certainly better for battery life, and a fraction of the price.
Post a comment
@
    Text