Which Pressure Washer?

Found 30th Jan
Hi,
I'm looking to get a pressure washer to do the sides of my house, but haven't got a clue on which one would be most suitable.
I've been looking at Karcher ones on Tesco Direct and Amazon, but I'm none the wiser.
Does anyone have some advice on which one to get?
My house has a pebble dash style coating (well, one with little stones on it anyway).
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments
Power.. You need power. The bigger the better as some are just gutless.. Also think hiring something is better with a really long lance for the high up on house. Sorting can be a pain as you don't want the cold to get to it..I would hire, so pick up say Monday 4pm. Drop off Wednesday 9am.. That's 1 days hire.. Sorted.
Edited by: "wayners" 30th Jan
Power + Pebbledash probably = re-rendering the side of the house. If you get under the mortar in just one place, you risk ripping off great junks of it. So NO. NOT just raw power.

You need control over the jet and probably some chemicals in the same way as you wouldn't wash your floor just on power alone.

If you look at Karcher (which I say because use one and have no other interest in them), you will find a range of products at a variety of pressures and which include the capability to use chemical cleaners. Their Outlet site has some great deals.

I bought a K4 Full Control (variable pressure jet) for £75 from Homebase but I suspect all their bargains are gone.

Whatever you do, don't just accept an offer from a paddy doing the rounds of your road as Spring approaches.
i would agree with ccnp. You don't want power. You want controlled removal without removing too much pebbledashing, probably with chemicals.

Have you asked a professional for an opinion?
For a long lance or patio washer spinning head you need power. The Pro house cleaners done turn up with a £75 homebase machine do they? Yes power control is important but I have a £100 karcher and it ain't great. Wish I paid more for something better. Jmo. I'd hire something myself so I can take it back out the way if all I wanted was to clean the house
Edited by: "wayners" 30th Jan
Original Poster
Thanks you all for your advice.
Make sure any pressure washer has a metal pump and not a plastic pump like what are found in the cheaper Karcher’s they just don’t last well at all. I also recommend Nilfisk pressure washers they are excellent value for money.
wayners30th Jan

Power.. You need power. The bigger the better as some are just gutless.. …Power.. You need power. The bigger the better as some are just gutless.. Also think hiring something is better with a really long lance for the high up on house. Sorting can be a pain as you don't want the cold to get to it..I would hire, so pick up say Monday 4pm. Drop off Wednesday 9am.. That's 1 days hire.. Sorted.

Incorrect.

Power needs are totally dependent on the job at hand, i.e. taking deck boards back to bare wood for a fresh stain/paint would require a decent machine with a high pressure rating, whereas in the OPs case of cleaning pebbledash a high pressure machine would remove the chips from the wall, which I can only presume thats not what they want.

I would suggest the OP tries a mould cleaner or fungicidal wash, spray on a small area, then simply hose off with a garden hose to see if this has the desired effect there looking for before they go down the route of buying a pressure washer...
andynicol39 m ago

Incorrect.Power needs are totally dependent on the job at hand, i.e. …Incorrect.Power needs are totally dependent on the job at hand, i.e. taking deck boards back to bare wood for a fresh stain/paint would require a decent machine with a high pressure rating, whereas in the OPs case of cleaning pebbledash a high pressure machine would remove the chips from the wall, which I can only presume thats not what they want.I would suggest the OP tries a mould cleaner or fungicidal wash, spray on a small area, then simply hose off with a garden hose to see if this has the desired effect there looking for before they go down the route of buying a pressure washer...

Ah. Like the stuff qvc sell that attached to hose.. Like a gun bottle that shoots foam for roof, patio and walls. Looks good on TV but always dose. Think it £40 ish? Can't remember. Be on there site. Never seen anywhere else
Edited by: "wayners" 31st Jan
wayners29 m ago

Ah. Like the stuff qvc sell that attached to hose.. Like a gun bottle that …Ah. Like the stuff qvc sell that attached to hose.. Like a gun bottle that shoots foam for roof, patio and walls. Looks good on TV but always dose. Think it £40 ish? Can't remember. Be on there site. Never seen anywhere else

diy.com/dep…rue

Theres plenty other brands out there, I've used this on my patio, pleased with the results.
I was thinking of this one as comes with a gun. goo.gl/ima…cxh
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants