Groups

which ps3

i have a ps3 60gig backward compatible ps3 whch all my mates want to swap with me they have newers ps3's are there any other benifits of this ps3 apart from the backwards compatabilty and extra usb slots?

is the blue ray player any better? or anything else

14 Comments

No, I don't think there are other benefits of the 60GB. Have you tried "google" or "]wiki"?

I think youve hit the nail on the head. No other differences which ps3s do they have?

keep the 60gb. i wouldnt have any other lol. i use the card slots, i have 3 usb's used so anything else would be a pain.

Original Poster

shanecr;4224281

keep the 60gb. i wouldnt have any other lol. i use the card slots, i have … keep the 60gb. i wouldnt have any other lol. i use the card slots, i have 3 usb's used so anything else would be a pain.

was thinking that

just wondering why they are desparate to get it

Ive only ever needed the 2 usb slots 1 for my wireless keyboard and the other is used to either charge my pads or my iphone. You can always upgrade the memory in a ps3 aswell, you can change it to 350gb for about 60 quid i think

Don't forget that the 60GB also has SACD playback.

Daft Punk;4224308

Ive only ever needed the 2 usb slots 1 for my wireless keyboard and the … Ive only ever needed the 2 usb slots 1 for my wireless keyboard and the other is used to either charge my pads or my iphone. You can always upgrade the memory in a ps3 aswell, you can change it to 350gb for about 60 quid i think

i have charging station, ps eye and receiver for buzz controllers. i regular use sd and memory sticks for transferring pics etc to the ps3 to. its generally waay more convenient as a media center than the 40gb

Banned

keep it there ultra rare ,worth more than th enewer ones and plus you can benefit from the xtra usb ports i have an adapter theres only 2 on the newer ones

Keep it!

In my opinion the 60GB is worth around £100 more than any other version.

They are mainy under warranty for much longer than a year as standard so no reason to get rid of the good ol 60GB

but cant you download ps2 games on the ps3 like the xbox - xbox 360

There's rumours floating about that one of the future firmware updates for the PS3 will allow full playback of PS2 games on all PS3s. Just a rumour but if it did happen the price of the 60gb version would more than likely drop, personally...i'd flog it unless you are attached to playing ps2 games at moment. :?

caseh;4395577

There's rumours floating about that one of the future firmware updates … There's rumours floating about that one of the future firmware updates for the PS3 will allow full playback of PS2 games on all PS3s. Just a rumour but if it did happen the price of the 60gb version would more than likely drop, personally...i'd flog it unless you are attached to playing ps2 games at moment. :?

not going to happen, its got extra hardware surely on the motherboard.

Adam2050;4443932

not going to happen, its got extra hardware surely on the motherboard.

I think it will happen eventually but it wont be sony (just now)as they are still selling a **** load of ps2s .

I

My son's had problems with his 40gb consol after 14 months... I'd avoid buying from Game too.

hotukdeals.com/ite…ea/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …269921
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831735
      3. Your dream gaming set up?2657
      4. word association Game72844189

See more discussions