Which PS4 2TB Drive?

Posted 1st Nov
Hi, I've ordered a 2TB Firecuda SSDH drive from Amazon, £83.00.

I did initially just want a standard drive thinking they'd be half the price, however they only seem to be a case of £10 - £15 cheaper on Amazon.

Anyone know of a decent 2TB drive, or should I keep with the Firecuda?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
External?
Just keep the Firecuda. 2TB is a nice amount of internal storage, and I'd personally put storage space over speed when it comes to the internal drive.
Haircut_10001/11/2019 17:22

Just keep the Firecuda. 2TB is a nice amount of internal storage, and I'd …Just keep the Firecuda. 2TB is a nice amount of internal storage, and I'd personally put storage space over speed when it comes to the internal drive.

But is there a standard 2TB drive for much cheaper given this is an SSDH?

Thinking it's overpriced for what it is at £83?
They are worth it, I have one in my pro, plus you get 5 year warranty.

You could have got it for £78.99 from this seller and fulfilled by Amazon.

The only real cheap alternative is to shuck a Seagate USB drive, but your have no warranty after, they pop up on here quite often pretty cheap
Edited by: "4Real2016" 1st Nov
4Real201601/11/2019 18:14

They are worth it, I have one in my pro, plus you get 5 year warranty.You …They are worth it, I have one in my pro, plus you get 5 year warranty.You could have got it for £78.99 from this seller and fulfilled by Amazon.The only real cheap alternative is to shuck a Seagate USB drive, but your have no warranty after, they pop up on here quite often pretty cheap

Thanks. I cancelled my order as I saw this cheaper one. Does the 5 year warranty still apply though if it's forfilled by Amazon and not directly from them? Concerns me buying from a third party on Amazon, especially as they're based in America. I know the item is in the UK as i'd get it tomorrow.
superfreddy01/11/2019 18:16

Thanks. I cancelled my order as I saw this cheaper one. Does the 5 year …Thanks. I cancelled my order as I saw this cheaper one. Does the 5 year warranty still apply though if it's forfilled by Amazon and not directly from them? Concerns me buying from a third party on Amazon, especially as they're based in America. I know the item is in the UK as i'd get it tomorrow.

The 5 year warranty is from the manufacturer so make sure you register it, make a note of the serial number before you install it because you need it to register.
4Real201601/11/2019 18:21

The 5 year warranty is from the manufacturer so make sure you register it, …The 5 year warranty is from the manufacturer so make sure you register it, make a note of the serial number before you install it because you need it to register.

Will it count though from a seller? I know if it was from eBay it may not be valid for the warranty.
4Real201601/11/2019 18:21

The 5 year warranty is from the manufacturer so make sure you register it, …The 5 year warranty is from the manufacturer so make sure you register it, make a note of the serial number before you install it because you need it to register.

Also, they're a company in America, selling stuff on Amazon UK, therefore it may be a US version so the warranty/serial may not even register in the UK?
With the amount of questions you have you should email Seagate
If you buy from amazon direct you get the first 2 years warranty with them (refund or next day replacement), and then 3 years with the manufacturer.
RiverDragon802/11/2019 04:30

If you buy from amazon direct you get the first 2 years warranty with them …If you buy from amazon direct you get the first 2 years warranty with them (refund or next day replacement), and then 3 years with the manufacturer.

You might get 2 year warranty with Amazon, never heard that myself, Seagate give you 5 years on that drive no matter where you by it from, when you register the drive with Seagate and add the serial number it gives you the start date and end date of the warranty for your drive, which is 5 years.
Edited by: "4Real2016" 2nd Nov
4Real201602/11/2019 10:07

You might get 2 year warranty with Amazon, never heard that myself, …You might get 2 year warranty with Amazon, never heard that myself, Seagate give you 5 years on that drive no matter where you by it from, when you register the drive with Seagate and add the serial number it gives you the start date and end date of the warranty for your drive, which is 5 years.

If you buy from amazon direct you get the first 2 years warranty with them (refund or next day replacement), and then 3 years with the manufacturer. That's the advantage of buying direct from amazon, and not from a 3rd party seller. It's called amazon warranty.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 2nd Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants