Which Roku is best to buy please ?

Posted 25th Feb
So many different versions, please can someone advise me on which is the best version to buy. Was looking on eBay. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
None get the Amazon firestick 4k
adamderak25/02/2020 20:54

None get the Amazon firestick 4k

Lol, watch a few vids on youtube for benchmarks, loading times etc and all Amazon devices perform badly in comparison.
I have the Roku express (2017) in my daughters room and it performs just fine for her.
I personally have an Nvidia shield.
theworkingdead25/02/2020 21:06

I have the Roku express (2017) in my daughters room and it performs just …I have the Roku express (2017) in my daughters room and it performs just fine for her.I personally have an Nvidia shield.

thanks and yeah that ounds good was thinking if they are any good i will get a few my kids as well i do hear alot saying the roku is better than the chromecast but they seam very similar but roku has a remote which is a +.
theworkingdead25/02/2020 20:57

Lol, watch a few vids on youtube for benchmarks, loading times etc and all …Lol, watch a few vids on youtube for benchmarks, loading times etc and all Amazon devices perform badly in comparison.

4k firestick works flawlessly and you can't sideload apps on the Roku and that's what kllls it
I purchased the premiere this afternoon and am happy with how smooth and nippy the menus are. Quite similar to a now tv box but better. I was going to get the stick one but read a few issues with regards to overheating. It is going to replace my sky q in the bedroom and am happy with results so far. But I suppose only time will tell.
I sent bk my firesticks and got rokus
sd1325/02/2020 23:01

I sent bk my firesticks and got rokus

I sold my Rokus and bought Firesticks, It depends entirely on what you want things to do. Firesticks (4K) have far far more possibilites due to sideloading. Originally Roku's had the best remotes and ease of use for me. If you want to be totally legit and are happy doing most things above board then Roku's are probably the streamer you need. However, to me the new Amazon 4k Remotes with volume control, and the ability to put virtually any app out there on it (Kodi, IPTV apps, etc etc) and a normally lower price wins it for me. I still prefer using Amazon boxes / Sticks over my Nvidia Shield for the like of watching Plex and all the usual Catch up apps
Edited by: "Thetrout" 25th Feb
I prefer the little roku box. Small and neat and you can get all streaming sites on one little box.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants