Groups

Which Roku Should I Buy

Hello,

I am planning on buying a Roku stick and am confused between the options available. Can someone please suggest which one to buy - I don't want to end up buying an outdated kit or paying too much when its not worth the money.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Regards

8 Comments

The roku 3 is available at the minute for around £60.

Original Poster

jamierichardson129

The roku 3 is available at the minute for around £60.

Thanks for replying - I did check and other than the USB Slot and headphone compatibility I couldn't find anything to justify that price - do I miss something?

We just bought the stick, after using first the white now TV box and later the black one.

I prefer to have my devices wired up to the network and was quite happy with the black now TV box for that reason.

The remote for the stick also uses Wi-Fi, along with the stick itself, which can be buggy. They are sending an HDMI extender which should fix things.

The roku 3 has a Ethernet port which I think would work better, i couldn't really justify paying £30 - £40 more for that privilege.

If only I could watch Amazon video on the now TV box...

If you don't mind second hand you can get one from cex for cheaper, also I believe new roku devices have been announced recently which have hdr/4k.
    Edited by: "killerboy32" 23rd Oct 2016

matwalaboy

Thanks for replying - I did check and other than the USB Slot and … Thanks for replying - I did check and other than the USB Slot and headphone compatibility I couldn't find anything to justify that price - do I miss something?

​Its a faster processor and i found that the Roku stick i bought would get really hot and occasionally freeze, so i gave the stick to my Mum who only needs it now and then and bought the Roku 2 which is alot better in my opinion (it also seems to have better Wifi range than the stick ).

What would be the main reason for using the roku? Their may be other/cheaper options available

got the roku stick £20 argos deal
    unimpressed
    slow navigating the menu's like the white nowtv box is
    Edited by: "jco83" 24th Oct 2016

Original Poster

jimmyandmel

What would be the main reason for using the roku? Their may be … What would be the main reason for using the roku? Their may be other/cheaper options available

Primarily to get online content - I have a chromecast already - but a provider (for Indian content) who doesn't support Chromecast - but is available via Roku. Otherwise I am struggling to find any other use for it - given that I have a smart TV (again not supported by the provider ).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions