Groups

Which router?

Iv been looking around for a router now, as the one i have now which is the standard belkin one is s*** - disconnects of msn and skype most the time and hardly connects to my ps3 downstairs.

Iv heard these are good ebay: 330417947635

or could any recommend any which would be best?

The router would be upstairs and needs to be able to connect to 2 laptops and ps3 without disconnecting or anything.

11 Comments

You sure it's a router problem?

Draytek Vigor, in a league of their own. My last one was on every day for 8 years and never skipped a beat. Only changed because it did not do ADSL2.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;8356431

You sure it's a router problem?

not sure lol :w00t:

Draytek Vigor just had a quick look, and they seem to cost quite a bit - not looking to spend more than £30ish

levis24;8356544

not sure lol :w00t:Draytek Vigor just had a quick look, and they seem to … not sure lol :w00t:Draytek Vigor just had a quick look, and they seem to cost quite a bit - not looking to spend more than £30ish

You get what you pay for. They cost quite a bit because they last forever and work flawlessly.

levis24;8356544

not sure lol :w00t:Draytek Vigor just had a quick look, and they seem to … not sure lol :w00t:Draytek Vigor just had a quick look, and they seem to cost quite a bit - not looking to spend more than £30ish

You ADSL/phoneline or cable?

Original Poster

im with virgin media.. broadband

levis24;8356751

im with virgin media.. broadband

We had a problem with 2 Belkin routers,as they were picking the neighbours sky internet up and not Virgin Media.Rang Virgin Media and we bought 1 of their routers,a D-Link one for £50.00 and not had any problems with it.It is now running 2 laptops off it.Depending on what BB package you are on they may supply it for free.Hope this is of some help.

are you talking about wireless connectivity?

terrapins2;8357039

We had a problem with 2 Belkin routers,as they were picking the … We had a problem with 2 Belkin routers,as they were picking the neighbours sky internet up and not Virgin Media.Rang Virgin Media and we bought 1 of their routers,a D-Link one for £50.00 and not had any problems with it.It is now running 2 laptops off it.Depending on what BB package you are on they may supply it for free.Hope this is of some help.

Same here !
    I have VM and never had any problems with my D-Link.

Yep since ive had the 50meg service VM have given me their newest DLink for nowt. Gotta say its blisteringly fast and is very reliable. Did used to use a Linksys WRT54g and that was solid but since the upgrade ive not looked back.

Banned

dcx_badass;8359531

Wireless sucks, use wires.

Most pointless post of the day goes to... ^^^^

If you can afford it, I would go with an Apple base station. You'll still need an adsl router but they're absolutely rock solid with glorious range and have no issue with dozens of simultaneous wireless connections. I know because I've used them in a professional capacity though saying that when I needed a new wireless ADSL2 router for home with gig ethernet I plumped for this ebuyer.com/pro…309 which has also been rock solid.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap Laptop?11
      2. Iphone 6 to which handset?712
      3. Second sky q mini box - can i buy from ebay?1015
      4. How are Very for pre-orders ?22

See more discussions