Found 21st Jan 2011
I am looking to buy a new Wireless router to give my house better coverage and hopefully faster speeds and less drop outs.

Can anyone recommend any decent routers. I do a lot of online gaming and streaming to consoles and want to be able to have a lot of control over the router with easy to use firmware.

Also looking to spend £50 - £100

Any ideas???

1. Misc
  2. Router
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Router
8 Comments

i've just bought a belkin play max, just getting used to the extra functions of it but alot faster than my usual sky netgear router.....

I use a Netgear DGN200 wireless router

DGN2200

Great router, firmware is checked automatically when you log into the routers web interface.

N speed and coverage is superb for me, I stream over the wireless to my PS3 etc without any lag.

bikerjodie

i've just bought a belkin play max, just getting used to the extra … i've just bought a belkin play max, just getting used to the extra functions of it but alot faster than my usual sky netgear router.....

I would avoid Belkin routers at all costs, my friends/colleagues have had them and they have all said how terrible they are and they had to replace them.

We also use a belkin router for the backup connection at work and it constantly drops wireless, the computer connected via ethernet is fine but the wireless drops after ~30 mins and you need to restart the router

Netgear N router on offer in argos at £49.99 at moment cat no 9255131

Original Poster

or what about this:

amazon.co.uk/Net…8-1

Would I also need to buy a modem? and whast would be suitable to get the best from both.

avoid linksys e series, i just bought an e3000 and in the process of returning it, overheats!

rwm24

I would avoid Belkin routers at all costs, my friends/colleagues have had … I would avoid Belkin routers at all costs, my friends/colleagues have had them and they have all said how terrible they are and they had to replace them.We also use a belkin router for the backup connection at work and it constantly drops wireless, the computer connected via ethernet is fine but the wireless drops after ~30 mins and you need to restart the router

Second this
Have the exact same issues with belkin wireless n cable router
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why can't I connect my nectar to eBay?58
    2. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!34
    3. Spotify family22
    4. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members11

See more discussions