Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Which Samsung note

Posted 10th Mar
I’m after a galaxy note not the 10 or 9
Looking to spend around £150ish this is to replace my work phone in which i use an iPhone 7.
My main phone is an iPhone 8 but now require a bigger screen with a so called home button.
Any recommendations?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Only up to the Note 5 came with a home button, the Note 8 and 9 did not
Do you need a phone with large screen, or do you actually need a pen?

Phone don't come with physical home button these days.
Large screen
I used to prefer having physical/capacitive buttons on my phones but they're considered old hat nowadays. I adjusted, just as I always do when I'm being stubborn

Being biased, but I have had a few (older) Samsung Note models, the Huawei Mate 20X is a great phone to consider as it's quite Note-like. It's huge at 7.2", also takes a pen (though the Huawei M-Pen needs to charged, unlike the S-Pen). Stereo speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack and huge battery (if you go for the non-5G version).
louiselouise11/03/2020 14:01

I used to prefer having physical/capacitive buttons on my phones but …I used to prefer having physical/capacitive buttons on my phones but they're considered old hat nowadays. I adjusted, just as I always do when I'm being stubborn Being biased, but I have had a few (older) Samsung Note models, the Huawei Mate 20X is a great phone to consider as it's quite Note-like. It's huge at 7.2", also takes a pen (though the Huawei M-Pen needs to charged, unlike the S-Pen). Stereo speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack and huge battery (if you go for the non-5G version).

Hi Louise I think the x will be way out my price budget as it’s a 2nd phone
shef007211/03/2020 14:45

Hi Louise I think the x will be way out my price budget as it’s a 2nd phone

D'oh sorry, I just realised you said that above and quoted £150. Might be worth holding out for one of those O2 Refresh Deals.

I was one of those who got the Like New Mate 20 (which was £152!!) and Brand New P30 Pro (£252!) cheap as chips (neither of them were for me!). The contract thing and cancelling puts people off, but it doesn't take up too much time and was pretty easy.

Most recently the Sony Xperia 1 Like New was on offer at £199, I was tempted, but didn't go for it. Don't think that one was O2 Refresh actually, you could just buy it outright.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 11th Mar
Have a look at the range of Xiaomi phones which are highly recommended:

mi.com/uk/…047
Thank you will have a look
My Xiaomi mi Max 3 has a huge screen, and reasonable specs and you can probably get it for £150 these days.
I'd suggest a Xiaomi Note 8 or 9 Pro
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants