Expired

Which Sat Nav??? Help Required

12 replies
Found 9th Jun 2008
Please can someone help me....

No idea about sat nav

I want one (as cheap as possible) - Only specifications I want are: Able to use in UK, Europe and America.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Sat Nav
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Sat Nav
12 Comments

Original Poster

Does this allow you to use in America and Europe???

Most if not all only release US maps with US versions and the UK and Europe only come as standard over here. I dont think ive found one that has all three in one package. You can pick up maps seperately but i do reccomend sticking to Garmin!

Original Poster

Can you put the separate maps of america onto the garmin?? if so which model??? any??

Banned

Don't go for anything other than TomTom.

Not particularly expensive anymore, but by far and away the best.

520 - UK Only
720 - Western and Central Europe
920 - Europe + USA + others + other bits and bobs (Assisted GPS etc).

The x20 range is hardware wise identical to the brand new x30 range - they just have a black front bezel.

All units can be upgraded with both maps, and software, either though TomTom... or from very bad people!

Search for TomTom reviews, TomTom comparision reviews, to see why they are better, and easier to use than Garmin or Navman alternatives. Otherwise just wait and see how many people agree with me

Hope this helps!

vibeone;2275226

Don't go for anything other than TomTom.All units can be upgraded with … Don't go for anything other than TomTom.All units can be upgraded with both maps, and software, either though TomTom... or from very bad people!Hope this helps!

free i hope :?

tomtom is good but garmin is equally as good and the 920 may be right for OP but check out the garmin NUVI 770 ebuyer.com/pro…497 :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks for help everybody... Anything a little cheaper???

Banned

laltufan;2276839

Thanks for help everybody... Anything a little cheaper???

Not if you want all the map areas you require....

... at least "officially"

Original Poster

vibeone;2277215

... at least "officially"

:?

Banned

laltufan;2277243

:?

Meh.

Just received a infraction for another thread... gonna get banned soon anyway, so take this link while you can liltufan..... and good luck all! (May as well get banned for doing something useful!)

ipmart-forum.com/for…382

Original Poster

Just found this link?
hotukdeals.com/ite…=22
Can you get a usa map for this one???

Original Poster

vibeone;2277384

Meh.Just received a infraction for another thread... gonna get banned … Meh.Just received a infraction for another thread... gonna get banned soon anyway, so take this link while you can liltufan..... and good luck all! (May as well get banned for doing something useful!)http://www.ipmart-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=382

Thanks for link... I cannot see this being any detriment to yourself.....
:-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21132
    2. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games11
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247657
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 191 ***1328

See more discussions