Which security camera

Posted 4th May
Ok all, sick to the back teeth of the postman scratching my car with his bag- I need a camera that records to card or web. Any suggestions? What are you all using?
Cheers
Jiffy
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
And how will this stop the ever changing post people going past your car? Sorry, I'm just trying to understand the logic.
Frankie7704/05/2020 18:54

And how will this stop the ever changing post people going past your car? …And how will this stop the ever changing post people going past your car? Sorry, I'm just trying to understand the logic.

Blame = claim?
Wifi cabled-power great featureset sub £37 FBA; solar recharged battery powered option £75 after Prime discount. Both plus your choice of microSD card storage.
Both with PIR heat-sensing triggered recording so no maddening false movement-triggers from rain / shadows / swaying branches etc.
Devices mentioned in similar recent thread at hotukdeals.com/com…405
Got several very cheap Chinese ip cameras in 2 countries, average price £10. All have worked for years, no problems. They are all outside and I look at them on a dedicated phone.They record on micro SD cards I can review at no extra cost (not cloud storage fees).
None of them are inside the house, if anyone wants to hack them and watch next doors cat cr ap in my rose bed, well they need to get out more - although maybe that is difficult at the moment.

Have 10 in total.
Edited by: "joyf4536" 4th May
Frankie7704/05/2020 18:54

And how will this stop the ever changing post people going past your car? …And how will this stop the ever changing post people going past your car? Sorry, I'm just trying to understand the logic.

Well, I’m not expecting the camera to jump off the wall and have a quick word, but I do expect it may catch him causing the damage. Just a thought.
I know I'm thinking outside of the box here but have you tried talking to him about it?
AndyRoyd04/05/2020 19:03

Wifi cabled-power great featureset sub £37 FBA; solar recharged battery …Wifi cabled-power great featureset sub £37 FBA; solar recharged battery powered option £75 after Prime discount. Both plus your choice of microSD card storage.Both with PIR heat-sensing triggered recording so no maddening false movement-triggers from rain / shadows / swaying branches etc.Devices mentioned in similar recent thread at https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/40610405

Thanks Andy, will take a look.
dufflecoat_moon_turkey04/05/2020 19:29

I know I'm thinking outside of the box here but have you tried talking to …I know I'm thinking outside of the box here but have you tried talking to him about it?

OP: "Morning, Postie!"
Postie: "Here's a big box for you all the way from China! Mum's the word on customs charges, eh!"
OP: "Thanks, Postie - that'll be my surveillance system to watch and record you while you're walking up the path merrily swinging your bag like it's as light as a feather and not full of unnecessary crap in the middle of a global pandemic."
Postie: "Oh... "
dufflecoat_moon_turkey04/05/2020 19:29

I know I'm thinking outside of the box here but have you tried talking to …I know I'm thinking outside of the box here but have you tried talking to him about it?

Denial
I just think people are quick to blame rather than consider solutions. It's good to have some security in any case.
Move the car over a bit?
If you've got a window facing the car, a Neos camera will meet your needs (the infrared can be turned off)
They can be set to record on sound and motion or both.
included in the price is 30 second clips recorded to the cloud aprox 15 seconds before and 15 seconds after the event
esar05/05/2020 00:59

If you've got a window facing the car, a Neos camera will meet your needs …If you've got a window facing the car, a Neos camera will meet your needs (the infrared can be turned off)They can be set to record on sound and motion or both.included in the price is 30 second clips recorded to the cloud aprox 15 seconds before and 15 seconds after the event

Not much fun trawling through multiple clips of 15 seconds prior to some leaves blowing around garden.
PIR-triggered recording is far less dementing that any image-content-comparison method.
AndyRoyd05/05/2020 17:52

Not much fun trawling through multiple clips of 15 seconds prior to some …Not much fun trawling through multiple clips of 15 seconds prior to some leaves blowing around garden. PIR-triggered recording is far less dementing that any image-content-comparison method.

I'd rather have a few false alarms, and pir dosen't work through glass, depends on your needs and budget
esar05/05/2020 18:00

I'd rather have a few false alarms, and pir dosen't work through glass, …I'd rather have a few false alarms, and pir dosen't work through glass, depends on your needs and budget

Microwave sensors do.
joyf453605/05/2020 18:02

Microwave sensors do.

Which would pick up said leaves blowing lol
esar05/05/2020 18:06

Which would pick up said leaves blowing lol

Change the sensitivity!
Edited by: "joyf4536" 5th May
joyf453605/05/2020 18:48

Change the sensitivity!

Please quote cctv camera that uses a microwave sensor for motion sensing, I've never seen one
Jiffy104/05/2020 19:30

Thanks Andy, will take a look.

At time of this post the suggested PIR (heat movement detection) £37 cam has been reduced to £31 on an Amazon "Limited Time Deal". Excellent featureset even at the higher price amazon.co.uk/dp/…RT/
AndyRoyd12/05/2020 15:00

At time of this post the suggested PIR (heat movement detection) £37 cam …At time of this post the suggested PIR (heat movement detection) £37 cam has been reduced to £31 on an Amazon "Limited Time Deal". Excellent featureset even at the higher price https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VRT1VRT/

They really need some way of not needing those huge wired network cables
esar12/05/2020 15:35

They really need some way of not needing those huge wired network cables

That would be the wifi connection, and/or the usual external junction box used for power could be utilised to retain the technically preferable ethernet connectivity, even if the only ethernet purpose is ease of post-installation config/data access (ethernet connectivity as and when required).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions