Groups

Which Should I Buy? - PS3 Or Xbox 360?

Which 1 should i buy, and dont just say the 360 cus its better.

Explain why it is better.

I'm not into halo 3, as i know many xbox owners are.

Prefer GTA and stuff.

Thanks!

66 Comments

Banned

Oh joy. Another decision poll.

Anyway, it looks like you've already decided, according to your vote.

Sony don't pay me enough to beg you to buy one, nor does Microsoft. I've had an Xbox 360, we fell out. I like my PS3, but it does feel it lacks games, but that will surely change. My vot PS3, had both, liked one. Simple.

Original Poster

Nah, i havent decided. Just prefer the ps3 so far.

But not definete on buying it.

Banned

My advice, don't change. There was just something I didn't like with the 360, but I like the PS3, online gaming is free and great fun. I'll be honest, i'm tight, I wouldn't have paid for xbox live, people could say that my experience would have been out of this world had I only have paid to play. But I don't care.

Original Poster

Lol, PS3 plays blu-ray too dont they?

Whats the online gaming about? How does it work?

Banned

Victim

Lol, PS3 plays blu-ray too dont they?Whats the online gaming about? How … Lol, PS3 plays blu-ray too dont they?Whats the online gaming about? How does it work?

Yes, they do - marvellous.

Online gaming, is about, online gaming. It's great to play against other people, more unpredictable and a great laugh with a few mates on Resistance (a great game). You just need a broadband connection, wired or wireless and you're away. It's Christmass!!! No, I mean it's free!

Original Poster

Lol, So, you wire the internet to PS3 or something?

Banned

If you're wireless you just set the internet up on it, if you're not you just plug the ethernet cable in and set up the internet. I'm not technical, honestly, I just pressed all the buttons twice in a random sequence and it worked, just after the fire was put out...

Original Poster

Lmfao. Sounds good. Although PS3's are more expensive than Xbox 360's, arnt they?

Victim

Lmfao. Sounds good. Although PS3's are more expensive than Xbox 360's, … Lmfao. Sounds good. Although PS3's are more expensive than Xbox 360's, arnt they?

By about £100, worth it, by far though.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Have you done any research yourself?

Well obviously otherwise i wouldent know that PS3's play blue ray.

Banned

t0mm

By about £100, worth it, by far though.

Long Tom no see, time.

How could you Lee, betray your very own De. Tom vote! Quick!

Voted PS3 :thumbsup: Mums buying mine in two weeks time from blockbuster, how're you JD?

Banned

You're going to get Resistance, aren't you? I'm well, thank you. Yourself? College going well?

Games:
    Fifa 08
    Resistance
    Warhawk

Already reserved my bundle with £50.

---
    Im not too bad, bit of a cold, survivable i spose.

College is going fantastic. Had a bit of an encounter with my english teacher the other day and said a bad word to her.

Original Poster

Lmao, get to the naughty corner.

She was in the wrong, not me :giggle:

Banned

When you get online we'll have to have a few games of resistance, if you do actually survive your cold. Was the bad word 'terrible'?

no it wasnt 'terrible' it was rather innapropriate.
    She wouldnt sign my EMA form for the lesson before because she said there was no 'proof i was there' and i'd have to wait until monday *tomorrow* to get it signed. So i miss out a weeks EMA.

She knows i was there because i handed my coursework in and she said it was really good.

Yes we shall play a few games.

Banned

t0mm

no it wasnt 'terrible' it was rather innapropriate.She wouldnt sign my … no it wasnt 'terrible' it was rather innapropriate.She wouldnt sign my EMA form for the lesson before because she said there was no 'proof i was there' and i'd have to wait until monday *tomorrow* to get it signed. So i miss out a weeks EMA.She knows i was there because i handed my coursework in and she said it was really good.Yes we shall play a few games.

Inappropriate_Tom could be your online name, sounds great. If I was you, I would steal things from her to the same value of a weeks EMA.

JDeal

Inappropriate_Tom could be your online name, sounds great. If I was you, … Inappropriate_Tom could be your online name, sounds great. If I was you, I would steal things from her to the same value of a weeks EMA.

Maybe I should force her to buy me COD4 on release day?

Banned

t0mm

Maybe I should force her to buy me COD4 on release day?

At gunpoint would probably be best.

Original Poster

Lmao.

Wanna do it for me?

We can share COD4?

I'll have it Friday, Saturday, Sunday

You have it the rest of the week?

Banned

t0mm

Wanna do it for me?We can share COD4?I'll have it Friday, Saturday, … Wanna do it for me?We can share COD4?I'll have it Friday, Saturday, SundayYou have it the rest of the week?

I'm not a risk taker to be honest, Tom. Plus, I wouldn't know where to buy a gun outside of Nottingham. I'll share though, I don't mind that.

You can't buy a single gun inside nottingham

*Hides arson of assault rifles, sub machine guns, hand pistols, heat seaking missiles, land mines, hand grenades, ground to air missiles and other non-illegal stuff*

t0mm

no it wasnt 'terrible' it was rather innapropriate.She wouldnt sign my … no it wasnt 'terrible' it was rather innapropriate.She wouldnt sign my EMA form for the lesson before because she said there was no 'proof i was there' and i'd have to wait until monday *tomorrow* to get it signed. So i miss out a weeks EMA.She knows i was there because i handed my coursework in and she said it was really good.Yes we shall play a few games.

Happened to me last year, all my lecturers were great apart from one who was nasty, she was extremly fat yet wore a top so tight you saw all the creases in her body, and wore loads of make up, and I had a HND already when I went there, and this was just a ND as a refresher as the last few years have gone digital(and my HND was in old fashioned media) There was also 2 people on the course in thier 50's who already had degrees, guess what she gave us terrible grades, then again she gave the whole class terrible grades, when the other lecturers gave us great marks, had her for 3 classes in first semester, and everyone hated her, she left at christmas and we all cheered.

Well I did until I found out she had marked me down as absent from over 90% of her classes so my grant was stopped and as she moved to Australia I couldnt prove it so I spoke to the big boss of media who was rude and said shes more willing to believe a lecturer than a student.

Then the new lecturer got on at me about it(just before I left) and told me to watch my attendance as it was terrible so I snapped and shouted at her for 10 minutes(she was shouting at me too) and everyone in class laughed.

It was also claimed I never handed in assignments for any clases and failed every module in first semester. Which is strange as this was only about 2 weeks into the second semester and the other lecturers all said to me that I did hand in my work.

ryouga

Happened to me last year, all my lecturers were great apart from one who … Happened to me last year, all my lecturers were great apart from one who was nasty, she was extremly fat yet wore a top so tight you saw all the creases in her body, and wore loads of make up, and I had a HND already when I went there, and this was just a ND as a refresher as the last few years have gone digital(and my HND was in old fashioned media) There was also 2 people on the course in thier 50's who already had degrees, guess what she gave us terrible grades, then again she gave the whole class terrible grades, when the other lecturers gave us great marks, had her for 3 classes in first semester, and everyone hated her, she left at christmas and we all cheered.Well I did until I found out she had marked me down as absent from over 90% of her classes so my grant was stopped and as she moved to Australia I couldnt prove it so I spoke to the big boss of media who was rude and said shes more willing to believe a lecturer than a student.Then the new lecturer got on at me about it(just before I left) and told me to watch my attendance as it was terrible so I snapped and shouted at her for 10 minutes(she was shouting at me too) and everyone in class laughed.It was also claimed I never handed in assignments for any clases and failed every module in first semester. Which is strange as this was only about 2 weeks into the second semester and the other lecturers all said to me that I did hand in my work.

There are some right idiots out there eh ryouga?

You read that fast!

Anyway get a 360, I still dont understand peoples obession with PS3, I like playing the racing games like Forza on 360, Sonic(multi format anyway) Viva Pinata, Phantasy Star, etc

Also great online games like Streets Of Rage 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Mortal Kombat 3, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Yie Ar Kung Fu, Track and Field, Smash TV, Contra etc.

Yeah, i read fast. Yes. Even at 3 in the morning.

:giggle:

YOU MUST OBSESS OVER THE PS3 RYOUGA.

VOTE PS3.

Anyway guys, im going to retire to my bed.

Goodnight JDeal, Victim, Ryouga.

See you all in the morning (About 3PM when i wake up)

Nah im taking mine back I dont like it so far, as soon as games like FF13 and MGS4 and GTA4 are out I will want it.

Original Poster

t0mm

Anyway guys, im going to retire to my bed.Goodnight JDeal, Victim, … Anyway guys, im going to retire to my bed.Goodnight JDeal, Victim, Ryouga.See you all in the morning (About 3PM when i wake up)

Gnight.

If you prefer GTA stuff XBox 360 WILL be a better option as Xbox 360 have some "content exclusive" with GTA4

Xbox 360 is better, better games, Gears Of War, Halo 3 , PGR4 etc etc

Xbox Live makes it more fun

And Sony always do things wrong with there PS3.

1) PS3 released = without NO "must have" games. Price was a killer = no sales
    2) PS3 40gb released = everyone is thinking yes! a cheaper version = NO Backwards compatibility, = loosing features.

WHERE AS

Xbox 360 = consoles dieing due to "ring of death" = Microsoft Extended ALL XBOX 360's warranty to 3 YEARS!
    AND
    Made revisions to the hardware

NOW

Sony reduced the price........BUT WHY BUY IT? No games for it where as XBox 360 you have!

I agree with qazim, get the 360, I bought the PS3, but took it back, it didnt wow me like the xbox did.

Bryan839

I agree with qazim, get the 360, I bought the PS3, but took it back, it … I agree with qazim, get the 360, I bought the PS3, but took it back, it didnt wow me like the xbox did.

Same thing happend when I brought the PS3 for my son, he was so upset with me :-D he said I cant play with my freinds or I cant play Gears Of War. Exchanged for Xbox 360 and got About 150ish REFUND :)_

Wasnt there a PS3 vs 360 thread on this board somewhere?.

EDIT:

Here
    ]http//ww…845

If you like racing games PGR4 on the 360 wipes the floor with anything i've seen on any other console.Graphics and gameplay (Online & Offline) on this game are simply superb and its mega fun.Available at around £26ish on region free import (as most 360 games except EA seem to be now) make it the console to have at the moment IMO.:)

Oh yeah forgot to mention don't believe the hype Halo 3 is absolutely average and not really worth getting.Wait for the superb Call Of Duty 4 instead.On Xbox live that game redifines the word fun,Its awesome !.

But if you do like racing games there is still Gran Turismo 5 to come out on the PS3 and that will probably be better than PGR4 :whistling:

i would go for the ps3, the 360 is reaching its limits now, but the ps3 hasnt even started scratching the surface. If there is no games for the 360 that your really want i would go for the ps3.

But if you want to play right away and there is quite a few games already released on the 360 i would go for it.
    The 360 has now had pretty much all of its major titles realsed now (only GTA4 now left, and that will have some extra material compared to the ps3 but im guessing the next gta will be for the ps3, MS had to pay quite a hefty sum to get that material on the 360.)

If you look at the consoles now the 360 is better, but its going to be knocked off the top next year when the ps3's majors titles are released.

But systems have there up and downs but the ps3 will last you longer.

and dont forget that the ps3 is region free (import games from the us/asia and get them months before they come in europe)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764231
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31142
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846177
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…45

See more discussions